Fuel Prices

Right now I’d be elated to pay the “national average” price. These California prices are bullshit, especially since the state is sitting on a budget surplus of $97 billion.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I can see the argument that the gas prices are high in more places then America but that doesn't excuse Biden for so openly opposing fossil fuels. Biden needs to do something to fix this or are we supposed to wait till Putin and greedy greedy oil companies stop being bad guys. Why would any fossil fuel company risk any investment under this president? This all reminds me of Obama being blind sided by insurance rates going up after he imposed the affordable care act. Like, duh! But nah it was those greedy insurance companies.

Brute

Hooked
I can see the argument that the gas prices are high in more places then America but that doesn't excuse Biden for so openly opposing fossil fuels. Biden needs to do something to fix this or are we supposed to wait till Putin and greedy greedy oil companies stop being bad guys. Why would any fossil fuel company risk any investment under this president? This all reminds me of Obama being blind sided by insurance rates going up after he imposed the affordable care act. Like, duh! But nah it was those greedy insurance companies.
I’m not excusing anyone. I’ve been through an oil embargo and a full on recession before…and understand the multiple market forces changing the cost of energy…I’m waiting for the windfall taxes on the oil companies to come up. Like litigation, where only the attorneys win, the oil companies in our country are not hurting…

Spazbyt

Hooked
I’m not excusing anyone. I’ve been through an oil embargo and a full on recession before…and understand the multiple market forces changing the cost of energy…I’m waiting for the windfall taxes on the oil companies to come up. Like litigation, where only the attorneys win, the oil companies in our country are not hurting…
On the surface I see how a Windfall tax would work to slow or stop price increases but I have a few questions. What keeps this additional tax from being passed on to the consumer like all other taxes? Wouldn't a windfall tax reduce the incentive for growth. How will the money generated from this tax be used?

Kuboske

On the surface I see how a Windfall tax would work to slow or stop price increases but I have a few questions. What keeps this additional tax from being passed on to the consumer like all other taxes? Wouldn't a windfall tax reduce the incentive for growth. How will the money generated from this tax be used?
ALL taxes are paid by the consumer.
"Windfall" taxes included. The whole term is a political term to demonize a segment of business.
Biden and the entire left need to go.
Putin is far less to blame for this massive inflation than the leftists right here in the good old U.S.A.

Brute

Hooked
I don’t disagree at all…I’m just waiting for it…

Brute

Hooked
ALL taxes are paid by the consumer.
"Windfall" taxes included. The whole term is a political term to demonize a segment of business.
Biden and the entire left need to go.
Putin is far less to blame for this massive inflation than the leftists right here in the good old U.S.A.
The last Great Recession of this country was durin Bush’s administration…a conservative right administration. The opec oil embargo, which doubled gas prices and caused us to wait in line (the day depending on whether your license plate was odd or even) was during the Nixon administration, another conservative right administration…

Brute

Hooked
There are over 9000 oil drilling permits in the US where there are no oil drilling currently on those sites…multiple factors, including regulation, lawsuits, equipment supply problems…and also some companies simply were waiting for oil prices to go up in order to maximize profits on these permits. Now that prices are at an all time high, they would like to execute on these permits, but are having problems with equipment supply issues…it’s far more complex than just blaming any one person. Shit happens…

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That idiot is asking oil companies to produce more after telling them he is going to make them all shut down. Dude is seriously an idiot.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The last Great Recession of this country was durin Bush’s administration…a conservative right administration. The opec oil embargo, which doubled gas prices and caused us to wait in line (the day depending on whether your license plate was odd or even) was during the Nixon administration, another conservative right administration…
Gosh so many of your posts are so cringe worthy. Literally everything was trumps fault to you when he was in office and the right is so bad yet the left is so good. You really do need to step back to realty.

Feel free to tell me to fuck off again, been a few months. 👍🏻

Spazbyt

Hooked
There are over 9000 oil drilling permits in the US where there are no oil drilling currently on those sites…multiple factors, including regulation, lawsuits, equipment supply problems…and also some companies simply were waiting for oil prices to go up in order to maximize profits on these permits. Now that prices are at an all time high, they would like to execute on these permits, but are having problems with equipment supply issues…it’s far more complex than just blaming any one person. Shit happens…
Just because they have permits doesn't mean they have oil. Why would anyone even greedy oil barons invest into more oil production under this president? He has declared them the "bad guys" like big oil has us by balls any harder then big pharma, big tech, the big 5 Auto, Unions, wall street, health insurance etc.

Again, if this administration isn't inept then its the most unlucky one ever because what are the odds they attack the fossil fuel industries right out the gates for seemingly no reason at all (climate change?) and let Fox news air doom and gloom forecasting, months in advance just to let it all come to fruition.

Top Bottom