fuel oil refresh mode

Do you do a lot of small commutes to work or in general? Computer may detect that you don’t use the gas engine a lot so it goes into this mode to use the fuel to prevent stale gas. This is my limited understanding of it, sure other may have better info.
This guy hit the nail on the head^

Try to use the E-save mode for a while.

amsterman007

My commute is 5 miles each way. I still want electric...I paid for an ev and im stuck with 15 mpg gas engine.....im VERY frustrated,,,,,,please help

Last edited:

Ha1

My new 4xe has been in fuel oil refresh mode for MONTHS. any suggestions?....thanks

Find a place about an hour away, get on the highway and go there. You'll probably be out of FORM before you get there. After that, just go on the highway every once in a while so that the ICE runs for at least 30 minutes or so. That will burn off any condensation that has collected in the crankcase, or fuel dilution in the oil if the ICE has only run a few short bursts.

I've had mine since fall of 2022, and haven't been in FORM yet.

This problem is why Jeep needs a fully-electric Wrangler. Some people really do only want to make short drives to and from the office every day.

They do great in the cold too.
This sounds like a great excuse to work from home. Instead of "snow" days, we can have "cold" days. 😂

Regardless, it seems that Biden's administration it working hard to put the coal-fired electric generating plants which currently charge the electric vehicles out of business. Perhaps "fuel oil refresh" is a small price to pay to keep moving.

Top Bottom