Front Sway Bar Links Misalignment

cv2065

Hey all. I'm wrapping up a 2.5" Dynatrac lift on my 2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Once everything was buttoned up, my front sway bar links are about an inch too high to connect to the sway bar. The lift relocated the longer sway bar links from the rear to the front. On the rear, I was able to move the sway bar a tiny bit to get the links installed, but the front sway bar is very stiff to where it doesn't move. Do I need to be a little more forceful with the sway bar to get my inch, or should I loosen it up or some other option? Thanks for the help.

cv2065

Thanks for that! I was able to line them up after a little 5lb sledge persuasion. One other question. Now that I have them lined up, the driver's side when in pretty easy and used the Dynatrac spacer. The passenger side, although aligned, needs to be forcefully pushed into the sway bar about an inch to secure. My front track bar is not attached as its a little off and I can do that once on the ground. Is that impacting the sway bar link as well? If so, should I go ahead and push the sway bar link in and torque it down and it will move in line once I get it on the ground?

By the way, the Wayalife video for this install is WAY better than the Dynatrac. Thanks for posting that!

Bierpower

Hooked
Thanks for that! I was able to line them up after a little 5lb sledge persuasion. One other question. Now that I have them lined up, the driver's side when in pretty easy and used the Dynatrac spacer. The passenger side, although aligned, needs to be forcefully pushed into the sway bar about an inch to secure. My front track bar is not attached as its a little off and I can do that once on the ground. Is that impacting the sway bar link as well? If so, should I go ahead and push the sway bar link in and torque it down and it will move in line once I get it on the ground?

By the way, the Wayalife video for this install is WAY better than the Dynatrac. Thanks for posting that!
They have a ball joint in the link so you can go ahead and torque them down. They should sit a little more square once the track bar is in but your not outside of operating range at this point.

cv2065

They have a ball joint in the link so you can go ahead and torque them down. They should sit a little more square once the track bar is in but your not outside of operating range at this point.
Perfect thanks! It felt like I was bending the link a little as I was pushing it through the sway bar as none of the threads go through the sway bar hole on their own until I push them through. Threads sit kind of flush with the sway bar hole. I don't recall it being like that when I took it apart.

Bierpower

Hooked
Perfect thanks! It felt like I was bending the link a little as I was pushing it through the sway bar as none of the threads go through the sway bar hole on their own until I push them through. Threads sit kind of flush with the sway bar hole. I don't recall it being like that when I took it apart.
As your axle travels up and down it moves along an arc side to side as well as an arc front to back. Lifting the suspension causes all of these arcs to be at different points but, as I said, your still well within operating ranges. The items all have joints and bushings to compensate for the movement so while it may seem a bit different, nothing is outside the range of motion of any of those components.

cv2065

As your axle travels up and down it moves along an arc side to side as well as an arc front to back. Lifting the suspension causes all of these arcs to be at different points but, as I said, your still well within operating ranges. The items all have joints and bushings to compensate for the movement so while it may seem a bit different, nothing is outside the range of motion of any of those components.
Thanks again. I really do appreciate your input!

astros3111

Sometimes all you need is a BFH!

Top Bottom