Front sway bar end links

jon200008

I have a Teraflex suspension on my jeep that was on it when i bought it. I noticed the front end links are hitting the top coil spring bucket when it is flexes mainly on the driver side. Can any tell if the sway bar is at too much of an upward angle. Also i measured the end links from top to botton and they are 13.5in. I believe the lift is a 2.5in.

Attachments

• 20231215_155609.jpg
    20231215_155609.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231215_155603.jpg
    20231215_155603.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 16

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The the position of your sway bar arms looks fine and length of your links should not cause them to make contact with your upper spring perches. That it mainly happens on one side only tells me that your track bar is not set correctly and therefore, your axle is off centered. Also, it looks like you may have at least adjustable front upper control arms and if that is the case, they are most likely off too.

What @wayoflife said. Can you get a shot of the other side? It looks like the sway bar touches the plastic fender liner already as it sits - and your track bar definitely looks stock and without a relocation bracket on the axle side.

jon200008

the upper sway bar link nut is definitely rubbing the inner fender liner which as mentioned, is a good indicator the axle is too far to one side.

Can you take a front pic? is the track bar adjustable?
I believe everthying in the front end is still factory. 2015 rubicon

jon200008

all stock except front control arms?
From this pic. looks like the axle is pushed too far forward
I looked and the upper control arms are not adjustable. I really only have a noise since i replaced the 20in wheels with 17s. I really hadnt thought about since there is no death wobble and comfortable at highway speeds.

I looked and the upper control arms are not adjustable. I really only have a noise since i replaced the 20in wheels with 17s. I really hadnt thought about since there is no death wobble and comfortable at highway speeds.
That wouldn’t cause a wobble, just the eventual dropout of your front driveshaft. They look stock from the pictures.

Take a measuring tape and measure from the inner edge of the tire to the frame rail. It should be the same on both sides. If one side is less, you need a track bar relocation bracket or adjustable track bar. If your lift is indeed 2.5,” I’d get a whole new adjustable track bar so a relocation bracket doesn’t push it up closer to the frame rail which may make contact during articulation.

Wait a minute, can you get a picture of or measure your rear sway bar links?

I just took a look at the front sway bar on my Jeep (also has a 2.5 inch lift and is a 2 door JK) which has JKS adjustable links and noticed my sway bar sits way more level (parallel to the ground) than yours and I remembered that some budget lift kits provide longer links and call for the stock rear ones (longer than stock fronts) to be relocated up front, while installing the new ones in the rear.

If your rear sway bar links are shorter than your fronts, there’s your answer. Switch them. My bet is that the idiot who installed your lift assumed the links provided only replaced the front ones. I’d still recommend checking how centered your axle is though too.

jon200008

I just took a look at the front sway bar on my Jeep (also has a 2.5 inch lift and is a 2 door JK) which has JKS adjustable links and noticed my sway bar sits way more level (parallel to the ground) than yours and I remembered that some budget lift kits provide longer links and call for the stock rear ones (longer than stock fronts) to be relocated up front, while installing the new ones in the rear.

If your rear sway bar links are shorter than your fronts, there’s your answer. Switch them. My bet is that the idiot who installed your lift assumed the links provided only replaced the front ones. I’d still recommend checking how centered your axle is though too.
I wouldnt be suprised the rear bumpstops were backwards and i had to switch them around after they came loose.

jon200008

I just watched an install video on extreme terrain for the lift i believe is on mine and yes the new links go in the rear. I will defently check tomorrow when its not raining.

Top Bottom