Front suspension popping noise

mtudb24

Had a popping noise coming from the suspension when turning and a slight articulation from the front end (ie pulling or backing into a driveway etc). Truck drove fine and it didn't happen 100% of the time.
Dealer finally had an opening and got it back today. Looks like all 4 ball joints were loose and they re-torqued the entire MOPAR lift (31,800 miles since it was installed by dealer). I don't know what skid plate they said was loose as the service adviser said the mechanic was gone for the day but he'd text me when he found out.
I wouldn't mind getting a set of chassis ears for the tool box. Never heard of them until i asked the guy what it meant. Then googled it. Looks like a nice tool to have.
All good. No more noises.
1674182681916.png

Had a popping noise coming from the suspension when turning and a slight articulation from the front end (ie pulling or backing into a driveway etc). Truck drove fine and it didn't happen 100% of the time.
Dealer finally had an opening and got it back today. Looks like all 4 ball joints were loose and they re-torqued the entire MOPAR lift (31,800 miles since it was installed by dealer). I don't know what skid plate they said was loose as the service adviser said the mechanic was gone for the day but he'd text me when he found out.
I wouldn't mind getting a set of chassis ears for the tool box. Never heard of them until i asked the guy what it meant. Then googled it. Looks like a nice tool to have.
View attachment 384073
I just had my Mopar lift re-torqued and adjusted at a dealership with about the same mileage as above. I used different dealership than the (crappy) one who installed it. The front left made annoying clunking noises on any rough road such as dirt, gravel, and bricks. The problem was evident since the lift was installed. Hoping that the problem is solved. I will know by the end of tomorrow.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
View attachment 384073
Chassis ears are a life saver for me at work. Have helped me diag many suspension and even drivetrain related noises what were not very obvious due to all the road noise

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 384073
Seldom used but one of the coolest tools I have.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I’m going to have to check mine. I had a clunking noise in the cold weather that I thought was something to do with the front axle disconnect moving when I’d hit bumps or accelerate.

Top Bottom