front locker self activated

jeeeep

Hooked
At EJS and ran Top of the World on Sunday. While coming down one the steeper ledges, my steering got tight and saw a message flash on the info screen about lockers and under 10mph; it was then I realized my front locker was engaged.
Turned off the locker and no issues the rest of the way out but am now wondering if the droop from the LA was enough to pull on the wiring, cause a short and engage the locker?
Once back to the trail head I didn't see anything obvious. It ran fine back to the hotel where I did a closer Inspection of the plug and wiring but didn't see anything of concern, strange.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that sucks. I've had something similar happen but on the rear locker and just around town. I pulled into a gas station and could hear the rear tires chirping. Looked down and saw the locker light was on. Not sure how it was activated and can only assume it was a glitch in the system. Hope you don't run into any more problems like that.

GS-RON

I've had something similar happen with the Sway Bar disconnect. I have the Tazer and run around the woods with it DQ'd in 2wd. I'll forget and pull onto the road and it will re-connect when I get to 30ish MPH. Normal behavior except the next time I stop it DQ's again.

Could this happen with the locker? Is there a speed limit for the locker where it DQ's and then maybe it locks back up a really low speed or a stop?
Is it a result of the Tazer bypassing the safety nannies?

Just throwing ideas out there.....

AZVAJKU

Hooked
At EJS and ran Top of the World on Sunday. While coming down one the steeper ledges, my steering got tight and saw a message flash on the info screen about lockers and under 10mph; it was then I realized my front locker was engaged.
Turned off the locker and no issues the rest of the way out but am now wondering if the droop from the LA was enough to pull on the wiring, cause a short and engage the locker?
Once back to the trail head I didn't see anything obvious. It ran fine back to the hotel where I did a closer Inspection of the plug and wiring but didn't see anything of concern, strange.

My 2009 Rubicon JKU would do the same thing. The front locker would self engage on steep, slow descents. It was never an issue at any other time. I did some research on it and I found some possible explanations. I never did anything about it because it happened so seldom and I eventually did an axle swap.

Question: has the front axle ever been disassembled? Mine only did it only after I had the gears swapped to 5.13’s by the dealer. I always suspect they messed something up.

jeeeep

Hooked
My 2009 Rubicon JKU would do the same thing. The front locker would self engage on steep, slow descents. It was never an issue at any other time. I did some research on it and I found some possible explanations. I never did anything about it because it happened so seldom and I eventually did an axle swap.

Question: has the front axle ever been disassembled? Mine only did it only after I had the gears swapped to 5.13’s by the dealer. I always suspect they messed something up.
interesting, and yes, regeared

Top Bottom