Front bumper opinions

Rakkasans

EE97C1F5-F73A-4D96-8031-FFE92D7B3A5E.jpeg
This is the replacement of a lemon I had dealt with since April. I had it built, but didn’t take the factory steel bumpers. Lately I have been looking at front bumpers but not sure what I should go with, stubby or mid width and what bumpers do people like the look of. I have a hard time visualizing what it would look like on the Jeep. Also I plan to do a fender chop, but I like the extensions that are in the xtreme recon package. Quake LED is what I’m leaning to, but I think you have to remove the whole inner fender. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EF186CDA-C0F7-4637-B901-1CE0D1576DDD.jpeg
    EF186CDA-C0F7-4637-B901-1CE0D1576DDD.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 15
  • 832BBB69-FBAB-4A0F-8D6E-2DF5F301505F.jpeg
    832BBB69-FBAB-4A0F-8D6E-2DF5F301505F.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 15

Bear_JT

Hooked
I don’t like the look of mid width bumpers with any type of fender chop or mod. I guess it all depends what you plan on doing with your Jeep. I prefer the look and functionality of the narrow “stubby” bumpers. EVO is always a solid choice.

Rakkasans

Yeah. I like stubby with the chop but also see the benefits of having more protection to the wheels. So I have been at cross roads. I plan to offroad it as it’s what it’s designed to do and I really enjoy it. So will quake LED work with keeping factory inners or should I search out another company like American adventure, rugged ridge or the likes? I appreciate all the input. Just having a hard time seeing it on the Jeep and what the end goal will look like.

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 368549
This is the replacement of a lemon I had dealt with since April. I had it built, but didn’t take the factory steel bumpers. Lately I have been looking at front bumpers but not sure what I should go with, stubby or mid width and what bumpers do people like the look of. I have a hard time visualizing what it would look like on the Jeep. Also I plan to do a fender chop, but I like the extensions that are in the xtreme recon package. Quake LED is what I’m leaning to, but I think you have to remove the whole inner fender. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
I think stubby bumpers look the best IMO. This post has a few variations for a visualization:

As far as fender lights, I would do rugged ridge but I imagine more of that stuff will come out in the coming years.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I like the look of stubby bumpers, but it ultimately depends on your plans for your Jeep. If you plan to trim your fenders, the full width bumpers would look ugly in my opinion. Also, what do you need to protect the wheel from?

Rakkasans

I like the look of stubby bumpers, but it ultimately depends on your plans for your Jeep. If you plan to trim your fenders, the full width bumpers would look ugly in my opinion. Also, what do you need to protect the wheel from?
Just any front impact from another vehicle. I think I’m going with a stubby bumper and a fender chop.

Rakkasans

True. Though I don’t drive fast enough. Lol. I’m thinking about LOD stubby with skid plate and fender chop.

Rakkasans

Good choice, like said above Genright and Evo make great stuff as well.
Yeah I was about to pull the trigger on the Evo with the hoop but LOD caught my attention and I think it will look great. If only I didn’t have to take the xtreme recon package I’d lift with metal cloak 3.5 game changer, but now I need to get my monies worth out of the factory 1.5” lift. 😂😂😂

Rakkasans

Like that dumbass ex raiders player going 156 and crashing into a car killing the lady.
Dumbass isn’t the right word for it. Drunk driving and speeding. I lost my dad to a drunk driver so I have no sympathy to those who choose to drink and drive. So many options to get home. Anyways, a vehicle wouldn’t necessarily have to go that fast to destroy your steering components.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dumbass isn’t the right word for it. Drunk driving and speeding. I lost my dad to a drunk driver so I have no sympathy to those who choose to drink and drive. So many options to get home. Anyways, a vehicle wouldn’t necessarily have to go that fast to destroy your steering components.
Oh I’m aware of what it’ll take to destroy the steering on a Jeep. I’m also not the one looking for a bumper for protection.

MericaMade

Yeah I was about to pull the trigger on the Evo with the hoop but LOD caught my attention and I think it will look great. If only I didn’t have to take the xtreme recon package I’d lift with metal cloak 3.5 game changer, but now I need to get my monies worth out of the factory 1.5” lift. 😂😂😂

The game changer is a joke. Save your money and stick with the 1.5 and buy a real kit later. The brands I have personally seen break on the trails are MetalJoke, Rubicon Express, and Terrorflex.

Jkratt

Love the color. Recently saw that color in Moab and it looks great. I agree with the others, Genright bumper. Being that the new Jeep’s have aluminum on them I would stick with the raw aluminum bumper. It would look great with the color. Also like the recessed winch area. Lots of choices.

Brute

Hooked
Like that dumbass ex raiders player going 156 and crashing into a car killing the lady.
Effing idiot...you're right, dumbass is not the right word...

Top Bottom