Free Wave from Danville, KY

KYJeff

1st - I don't have anything to sell.
2nd - I am not looking for free stuff and have not posted on any free stuff threads.
3rd - I am not a Lurker but rather a researcher it seems.

I am 41 and have never owned a Jeep, only ever rode in a friends Jeep once but have always wanted a JKU since the first time I saw one. So around April of 2015 with the blessing of my wife I dove head first into a new obsession. Brand new and quite pricey but hey it's a JEEP and not only do I, the wife, daughter and son LOVE IT as well!! It's not my daily driver just yet but it already has over 9000 miles on it. Probably like most Jeep owners I have big plans for it but a 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son get all the accessories money, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

Some things I have learned on the site that changed my mind will be about fenders. I started out thinking I would buy some really nice steel or aluminum fenders but have really started to like the cut fender look and agree that the price for aftermarket fenders is a little expensive when they came on the Jeep to begin with. I will be adding a tranny skid and maybe an oil pan skid as well. Currently I have 35's on my truck so that will probably be the size I end up with at some point. My only regret is not doing enough research when I bought it to find a Rubicon with 4:10 gears, but oh well, you live and learn.

I really wanted to go to Windrock last month as I have been there on a four wheeler but honestly I am not sure if I am ready for pin striping or trail damage yet, the Jeep is sort of a garage queen at the moment but hopefully the NEW will wear off!!

Not sure how I will be able to contribute to the site but I will give it a try, I have already gotten more out of this site than I could ever put back in. So thanks!!!

2015 JKU Rubicon, Automatic.

thumb_IMG_0346_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2931_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0143_1024.jpg

Welcome from Wisconsin! I almost bought the exact same rig last month (2015 black rubi). Nice looking for sure! Like you, I have been around awhile, but usually only post when I have something constructive to contribute. Lots of good info and occasional entertainment, all free!

Welcome to WAL from Ohio. Looks like you got a keeper! I was at Windrock and your Rubi would have done just fine! There was a stock Rubi that made the trails! Just part of learnig to wheel.

Welcome from GA! Hopefully we can convince you to make the next Windrock run, or at least the End of Summer run!

Welcome from Wisconsin! I almost bought the exact same rig last month (2015 black rubi). Nice looking for sure! Like you, I have been around awhile, but usually only post when I have something constructive to contribute. Lots of good info and occasional entertainment, all free!

Defiantly great information on this site and opinions backed up by experience. I defiantly will only post my opinion when I can back it up so as not to become the entertainment! [emoji6]

Welcome to WAL from Ohio. Looks like you got a keeper! I was at Windrock and your Rubi would have done just fine! There was a stock Rubi that made the trails! Just part of learnig to wheel.

Welcome from GA! Hopefully we can convince you to make the next Windrock run, or at least the End of Summer run!

Hopefully I can get over the fear of doing damage and just take it out and have some fun, who knows I may just take the leap and sign up next time around!

1st - I don't have anything to sell.
2nd - I am not looking for free stuff and have not posted on any free stuff threads.
3rd - I am not a Lurker but rather a researcher it seems.

:cheesy: Thats funny.
Welcome to WAL from Western Pa!

Really, the only people that run into issues around here are the wandering idiot types that don't pay any attention whatsoever to how things work and think its all about them.
There are so many smart people on this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions! If someone gives you an answer you weren't expecting or don't like, don't get all pissed, maybe
they are right. Remember though, when it comes down to it, it's your money and your Jeep, not everyone has to agree with what you like or your opinion.

Welcome to WAL from Western Pa!

Really, the only people that run into issues around here are the wandering idiot types that don't pay any attention whatsoever to how things work and think its all about them.
There are so many smart people on this site. Don't be afraid to ask questions! If someone gives you an answer you weren't expecting or don't like, don't get all pissed, maybe
they are right. Remember though, when it comes down to it, it's your money and your Jeep, not everyone has to agree with what you like or your opinion.

I've noticed and thanks for the advice!

:standing wave: from Middle of Canada -30*C(-22*F). Great wave post!!!! :cheesy:

Thanks, never been to The Middle of Canada but August of 1998 my wife and I flew into Calgary and drove to Banff for our Honeymoon. Wish I had a Jeep that week, we were amazed with the Canadian Rockies!!

Welcome to the forum. I went to Danville about two years ago nice city. If I make back to Danville again this year I will keep an eye out for your jeep.

Top Bottom