For those who bought their Jeep new...

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Seems like I see a lot of newer Jeeps here. For those who bought new, curious to know what year is your Jeep.
I have an '08 :)

JeepJeep75

What are you trying to figure out? All jeeps are new at first.... I bought my 2015 in, well, January 2015. :confused::imnotsure:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
2015, ordered and built just for me, just the way I wanted it! :thumb:

Attachments

• 1464031743938.jpg
    1464031743938.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 256

Ginz

13 jk Sahara , bought it this month. Since I'm new to jeeps, I wanted one with experience [emoji23]

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I'm confused. Just seeing what year everyone bought a Jeep?

Curious who bought early on and still owns it. I bought in 08, won't sell it, just hand it off to the kids when I die. We have 2 other Jeeps in the family bought new in '57 & '59 and are on their 3rd generation of family Jeepers.

8POUND

A 2014 JKUR. I bought it in April 2014 with 0 miles on it. It still had the factory wrapping on it.

JeepJeep75

Just curious how many folks bought their Jeeps early on and have kept them.

Fair enough. I had to special order mine. Living in The Los Angeles area, I could not find an Anvil manual transmission fully loaded Rubicon within 1000 miles. I guess all the dealerships figure everyone in southern Cali are pansies or something. I like stirring my gear soup by hand. I ordered it around the beginning of November and it arrived 6 weeks later in January.

uberc4

2015 JKUR. Don't plan on ever getting rid of it. Going to throw a LS in it once the 3.6 craps out.

Byte

Bought my 2015 JKUHR in the middle of Sept of 2015. Had to have it brought up to MT from CO so couldn't take delivery until the 27th. Two very tough weeks... :rolleyes2:

Plan to keep it 'forever'. Got its first hail dents on Saturday, in fact. That did not put a smile on my face. Luckily I was about 3 miles south of the house so got pea to marble sized hail vs the golf balls that rained down on the house. Roof seemed to weather it well and I cannot find any dents in the sides, cowl or windshield surround. Pretty much just the hood shows any signs of denting. All in all it looks as if the jeeps are well designed for hail! Poor Tacoma got another dose of hail dents almost 2 years to the day from its last major dose. Mother nature can be such an a-hole... Used to be so rare to get such damaging hail in this area. Much too common now. Wonder what jeeping in the Bahamas is like...on second thought I think I'll take hail over hurricanes any day. :)

Hmm overly long explanation is too long.

SilverBack

15 JKUR HR ordered in 14 and shipped to me in Europe. Picked it up in Bremerhaven Germany on 9 Dec 14 and proceeded to drive it through Germany, Austria, Italy, San Marino, put it onto a ferry to Albania and drove from there to Kosovo all in 5 days. Had it in Greece, Montenegro, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Slovania, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. So, we will be keeping it until either we stop taking our share of O2 or we pass it down to our children.

Oh and for those that say a jeep isn't for European roads, their full of shit! Works perfectly! I know 22k miles on only European roads.

First Jeep was a 60th Anniversary Edition (TJ) that I wish I still had. Same silver and black. Awesome jeep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom