Fog light upgrade

Unlimited4x4

Looking to upgrade the factory fog lights with 75 watt lights . They’re too much for the factory 55 watt wiring. Can I use the factory lights to power a relay for the new lights? That way I could use the factory fog light switch.

Sgt_USMC

^ Yep! If the LEDs are still pulling more then what the harness was designed for, using it to trigger a relay is the best and safest best. Just my opinion though.

Sgt_USMC

I’m swapping my stock fogs to a pair of 4-6” LED bars. Much easier, pulls less power, and much more light output.

Unlimited4x4

I have a LJ, 2005. The lights are led, but according to the specs each pulls about 6.2 amps per light, while factory wiring sees about 5 amps per light. How is it some of you have lights pulling less? SGT USMC,which lights are you planning on using?

Sgt_USMC

So the factory fog light set up for my 06, and very likely your 05 is 55 watts per bulb. So any light that pulls less then 110 watts total will work just fine on the factory harness. I still looking at lights, but I’m kind of leaning towards the RC 6” Cree single row black series. I’ve also been pointed at zroadz light bars, but haven’t looked at them yet.

Sgt_USMC

I haven’t settled on any one brand yet though. One of the reasons I am even considering the RC bars is they are blacked out and I prefer that look.

Top Bottom