Florida Wayalife Members

was looking to organize a trail ride through the Ocala National forest area. However i've read to avoid rides through the forest during hunting seasons as there will be shooting going on. According to this website for the season dates it looks like there will be shooting going on until Jan. 19th.
http://myfwc.com/hunting/season-dates Can anyone shed some light on wether or not it would be safe to organize a ride before the end of the season or would it be best to just wait?

was looking to organize a trail ride through the Ocala National forest area. However i've read to avoid rides through the forest during hunting seasons as there will be shooting going on. According to this website for the season dates it looks like there will be shooting going on until Jan. 19th.
http://myfwc.com/hunting/season-dates Can anyone shed some light on wether or not it would be safe to organize a ride before the end of the season or would it be best to just wait?

Good question, Matt. I'm in for a trip to Ocala as long as I have some notice and we are safe from hunters. :thumb:

The 19th isn't that far away. Could look into the following weekend that way no hunters will be harmed during the ride...

that way no hunters will be harmed during the ride...
Funny one. Although i was hoping to pre run the area with a friend beforehand to seek out the more exciting areas before getting something together. There is always Hard Rock off road park to ride in. Been there several times. Not too long of a ride maybe 2-3 hours at most. Enough to make it worth my 2 hour drive there but for others traveling from further away, they may spend more time on the highway than on the trail.

I think that waiting after hunting season to do a trail ride would definitely be safer. Ocala NF is full of hunters during season and you don't want a hunter in a tree stand shooting at a jeep. 😵

For scouting purposes, go between 10 AM and 4PM as most hunters are out at dawn and dusk. Midday is usually the safest. In a pinch snag some road construction signs and make some half doors so you have your big orange jeep vest on.

For scouting purposes, go between 10 AM and 4PM as most hunters are out at dawn and dusk. Midday is usually the safest. In a pinch snag some road construction signs and make some half doors so you have your big orange jeep vest on.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Hey guys just got back from doing a pre run of the Ocala National Forest. We were able to cover all of the ATV and OHV trails on the map below. I was disappointed because the area was almost completely flat, tight quarters, a few steep turns here and there, and i went through the entire time in 2WD. Was hoping to get a group going here but unless i'm missing something and there are areas that are somewhat difficult and i just don't know about, i don't think it would be very exciting for a group.
Here is the map we used:
stelprdb5196235.jpg
Here is a shot of what the trails looked like and the service road that connected the trails. Because some of the trails were meant for ATV's we found that our wheelbase was wider than the trail itself so we left with quite a few scratches.
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I was hoping to hear better things about Ocala :idontknow:
Do not fret! There is still Hard Rock Off Road Park about 20 minutes away from the forest. I've been there many times and i am actually headed there tomorrow. Will take pictures for you guys and we can get something organized.

Hey guys just got back from doing a pre run of the Ocala National Forest. We were able to cover all of the ATV and OHV trails on the map below. I was disappointed because the area was almost completely flat, tight quarters, a few steep turns here and there, and i went through the entire time in 2WD. Was hoping to get a group going here but unless i'm missing something and there are areas that are somewhat difficult and i just don't know about i don't think it would be very exciting for a group.
Here is the map we used:
View attachment 62537
Here is a shot of what the trails looked like and the service road that connected the trails. Because some of the trails were meant for ATV's we found that our wheelbase was wider than the trail itself so we left with quite a few scratches.
View attachment 62538
View attachment 62539

I've been on the pipeline road that's about it nothing special just long flat roads of nothing. I have heard good stuff about the salt springs area.

Do not fret! There is still Hard Rock Off Road Park about 20 minutes away from the forest. I've been there many times and i am actually headed there tomorrow. Will take pictures for you guys and we can get something organized.

Yeah hard rock is a nice place to hit some hills and obstacles for only 20 bucks. I believe it's 20 bucks. I've been there a couple of times. Looking forward to some pics.

Top Bottom