Flip-1953 M38A1

jesse3638

Hooked
All dressed up and no where to go...haha. That thing looks awesome! My pressure washer has had the same thing happen after sitting. I've torn the carb apart a few times.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Jeep came out great!! How’s she running after the carb rebuild? Still to rich or did it lean out a bit

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
That looks amazing! Someday hopefully I’ll get around to getting a classic Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Awesome! Do the numbers have any significance or just whatever?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

The hood number is basically a serial number, it can get tracked.

The bumper numbers is where it’s at, it tells you what unit it belonged too. I can’t completely read what the original bumper says. I think it’s from the 83rd out of Ohio. But that was a WW2 unit, not really a Vietnam or Korean War. So I’m guessing someone threw dads number on it. I dont completely understand how to read it.

My grandpa was in the Korean War, so I’m going to put his unit number on the bumper. (Left side), Soon as I get that info.

The right number was readable, it’s head quarters. Originally the Jeep was a radio Jeep. It has the radio mounts and power to the back of the passenger seat.

BaddestCross

The hood number is basically a serial number, it can get tracked.

The bumper numbers is where it’s at, it tells you what unit it belonged too. I can’t completely read what the original bumper says. I think it’s from the 83rd out of Ohio. But that was a WW2 unit, not really a Vietnam or Korean War. So I’m guessing someone threw dads number on it. I dont completely understand how to read it.

My grandpa was in the Korean War, so I’m going to put his unit number on the bumper. (Left side), Soon as I get that info.

The right number was readable, it’s head quarters. Originally the Jeep was a radio Jeep. It has the radio mounts and power to the back of the passenger seat.

Very cool that you were able to read them. I thought you might have put something significant to you but keeping it original (at least as much as possible) is awesome.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Elroy231

Pretty impressive what you've done. Looks great. The finishing touches are really cool too. Your bringing the history of that jeep back to life for future generations. We cant save em all, but that one is in good hands!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom