FlashPaq 3872 on 2010 6spd JKU

benbour

Hey all,

I'm hoping to get your findings for my same scenario mentioned in title. I bought this unit after putting in new headlights, discussed here

It worked great to turn off DRL, and just ok for tire size, I have BFG K02 33s, but exact size is 33.6. The Flashpaq goes from 33.5 to 33.75, so I just set it to 33.5.

This is fine for speeds up to about 90km/h (the speedo is exact). Any speed above this has the speedo about 4-5 km/h off. I have compared with GPS to verify.

I'm also experimenting with the different tunes, and wondering what people have found is best as far as pure mileage savings. I started by first using the 87 tune, and found a slight increase in performance, but also a noticeable decrease in fuel economy. I'm now trying the xs mileage tune and have found performance a little less and haven't noticed much better mileage than stock yet.

The jeep itself has a teraflex leveling kit (1.5 overall lift) with 33s and 1.5 spacers. It is also a 6 spd with the 3.8L. Does anyone have this setup and found the ideal setting with flashpaq for performance/mileage? and has anyone noticed the speedo issue with bigger tires?

Thanks.

I have a 2010 auto with a flashpaq. I find the speedo is a little high over 70mph but liveable. I just run the 87 performance tune and average about 14 mpg.

For the record I am also on 33"s and a teraflex leveling kit.

Not exactly what you were looking for but a data point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You might want to recheck your tire size. A sidewall "33" would measure smaller not larger. Your 33.6 actual height is more in line with a printed "35". It should be around 31 actual.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

great point, I just used a tire size calculator online based on what was on the side wall.

I'll measure it when I get home and adjust accordingly, thanks.

Top Bottom