Fishbone Offroad - JLU Step Sliders FB23083 Question

TerraJL

Hey all,

Anyone have these step sliders? I have seen a few posts while researching that state you can install these with the Rubicon stock rock sliders. I have even seen a few photos of this as well. But, I wanted to be 100% sure that I can install these with the rock sliders on. I called Fishbone Offroad and they have unofficially verified this with me. They've said customers were able to do this. But, as you know, trust but verify. They haven't updated their instructions or their website to reflect as much. But, Fishbone did tell me that they would update their site if I verified this and also sent them photos.

TerraJL

I’d have to assume that the several sources saying it’s been done should be good, including Fishbone. Are you planning on running these regardless? Or only if you can still use stock with them?
Planning to have both on and will only use them if the factory rails stay on.

TerraJL

More than likely, these are like the old ACE steps that came out for the JK and you could run both. My only question would be, why would you want to do that?
Gotcha, thanks, Eddie. I don't want to remove the OEM rock rails because I have no where to store them. Plus, I want that added pinch seam protection by leaving them on.

kevman65

Hooked
IF you bounce off the Fishbone steps hard enough to get into the OEM rockrails, then the rockrails will damage the pinch seam.

That's the real problem with OEM rockrails, where they mount.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey all,

Anyone have these step sliders? I have seen a few posts while researching that state you can install these with the Rubicon stock rock sliders. I have even seen a few photos of this as well. But, I wanted to be 100% sure that I can install these with the rock sliders on. I called Fishbone Offroad and they have unofficially verified this with me. They've said customers were able to do this. But, as you know, trust but verify. They haven't updated their instructions or their website to reflect as much. But, Fishbone did tell me that they would update their site if I verified this and also sent them photos.

I had the Smittybilt rock rails that have the similar mounting design as these, thought they were strong enough until I dropped off a ledge in Moab, they flexed and I ended up with matching dimple marks on both sides of the body. Same location on both sides where the ends of rails flexed into the body; swapped to LOD afterwards, they have additional mounting points to keep them from flexing into the body.

This might be why these are designed to mount under the existing rock rails? would be interested to see if the ends would hit the stock rails when playing on the rocks. They also look to sit pretty low losing clearance where you need it.

matt

Caught the Bug
I had the Smittybilt rock rails that have the similar mounting design as these, thought they were strong enough until I dropped off a ledge in Moab, they flexed and I ended up with matching dimple marks on both sides of the body. Same location on both sides where the ends of rails flexed into the body; swapped to LOD afterwards, they have additional mounting points to keep them from flexing into the body.

This might be why these are designed to mount under the existing rock rails? would be interested to see if the ends would hit the stock rails when playing on the rocks. They also look to sit pretty low losing clearance where you need it.
heres the first result of a search i did. hope this helps save the OP and anyone else reading from body damage..

"my rock sliders damaged my jeep"

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey all,

Yeah, don’t. I ran them on a Jeep I built. We trashed them on one easy trail run. They are not made for rock crawling or anything other than looks

TerraJL

Yeah, don’t. I ran them on a Jeep I built. We trashed them on one easy trail run. They are not made for rock crawling or anything other than looks
You mean the OEM rock rails are for looks or the FIshbone step sliders are for looks?

Top Bottom