Filming from my quadcopter

This is pretty cool. If Eddie or Cindy got there hands on something like this for their films it would be a crazy new prospective. Sweet video

Are they hard to fly at all?

Just picked up my Gopro last night. Awesome idea. Not to mention I was looking at some of them copters as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thats pretty sweet! How long have you been messing around with copters?

I've only been flying a few weeks. The DJI Phantom has GPS, a compass and gyros to make it a lot easier to fly than the cheap copters. The tough part is to fly and shoot vid at the same time. I plan on adding a gimbal to clean up the footage. Without one any change in direction pretty much ruins the shot. I thought I would be able to view the footage live but the controller is on the same frequency as the GoPro WiFi so I'll have to add a trans/receiver and monitor. It gets expensive fast especially when you consider flying with a Hero3+ black and a gimbal puts around $1200 in harm's way. Fun toy though.

Sent from my HTC One using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is sick!!! Do you have the gimbal as well? I want one but dji + gimbal is close to $1400 which is a bit steep for what essentially would be a toy since I don't do professional video shooting...

Btw, you should submit the footage to gopro, it might just make the video of the day...

Jorge

I don't have a gimbal yet. I have the version 1.1.1 but I'm using the new 9" props from the v.2. It's actually illegal to use a UAV for professional video on the States. It's okay as long as you don't sell the footage. They are planning on opening it up in 2015 once the FAA figures out how to regulate it.

I've only been flying a few weeks. The DJI Phantom has GPS, a compass and gyros to make it a lot easier to fly than the cheap copters. The tough part is to fly and shoot vid at the same time. I plan on adding a gimbal to clean up the footage. Without one any change in direction pretty much ruins the shot. I thought I would be able to view the footage live but the controller is on the same frequency as the GoPro WiFi so I'll have to add a trans/receiver and monitor. It gets expensive fast especially when you consider flying with a Hero3+ black and a gimbal puts around $1200 in harm's way. Fun toy though.

Thats pretty cool!

I got a tour of the 3D Robotics facility a couple months ago, and it was pretty sweet. They had about ever copter you could imagine, from tri to quad to hex to whatever a quad is with motors on both sides. They have some really cool stuff in development as well.

I saw a behind the scenes thing for that Gold Rush show where they were using a quad copter with a gimbal. But looked like a 2 man job for sure.

Damn it now I want one of those really bad lll

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Nice
My other hobby is RC flying and I run my club of 150+ members. People dont realize but flying a RC jet going 150 mph is intense!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
My quad does around 20 mph and can get far away in a hurry. 150 is crazy!

Top Bottom