Fab Fours Grumper?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This is the front end off of their crazy silver Jeep with the mohawk thing on the roof. Just me but :icon_crazy:
I like the iconic Jeep grill.

Not going back to the FMF Apex?

I may. Just to be clear I am in no way considering this thing. It just kept popping up on Google when searching for bumpers. I'm considering going EVO, FMF, JCR, and am looking into MotoBilt as well. I want a stubby front, and probably a mid width bumper in the rear this time since my only considerable ground clearance will come from the tires. I may be making a big deal out of nothing, but I'd like some protection on the rear corners this time without going past the body of the Jeep. I'm also looking at various sliders with an integrated step that doesn't hang down. I have a daughter with Cerebral Palsy and sometimes she has issues getting in and out with the sliders tucked in so close like I have them now. She took a fall at school getting out this year and got bruised up pretty bad so I'm trying to find a happy medium of real protection and kid friendly.

Napalm

While that is interesting, I think it takes more away from the iconic Jeep Wrangler look rather than compliments it like most bumpers.

Super Sloth Six

Looking at it from a design stand point it looks like it was made to attract 13-25 year olds. They should have made a skid plate to cover the ugly frame bolts. And yes it does look like a Polaris RZR. I have been looking at those for a while. Would absolutely not buy the thing for my jeep.

I may. Just to be clear I am in no way considering this thing. It just kept popping up on Google when searching for bumpers. I'm considering going EVO, FMF, JCR, and am looking into MotoBilt as well. I want a stubby front, and probably a mid width bumper in the rear this time since my only considerable ground clearance will come from the tires. I may be making a big deal out of nothing, but I'd like some protection on the rear corners this time without going past the body of the Jeep. I'm also looking at various sliders with an integrated step that doesn't hang down. I have a daughter with Cerebral Palsy and sometimes she has issues getting in and out with the sliders tucked in so close like I have them now. She took a fall at school getting out this year and got bruised up pretty bad so I'm trying to find a happy medium of real protection and kid friendly.

So not to get the thread totally off topic, but I am really leaning toward the FMF when I am finally ready to pull the trigger. Any reason you're not going back to it?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So not to get the thread totally off topic, but I am really leaning toward the FMF when I am finally ready to pull the trigger. Any reason you're not going back to it?

No issues, this thread has no real direction to go to lol! I really do like the FMF bumper. It's been beat on a bit and hasn't flinched. Even got hit by a car and just scratched the paint on my bumper. If I decide I want this style of bumper again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. Im just not sure which way I'm going to go with this new one yet. Im considering going with a more squared off style similar to the JCR mauler deluxe or EVO quarter pounder. If I decide against that, I may end up doing FMF front and rear bumpers this time, and a different company for sliders. The open design of the EVO and FMF 'step' angles sliders has me worried my kids feet might slip in between and get hurt. For that reason I've been looking at the Expedition one sliders, TNT customs, JCR, Hanson and EVO boat side bombers, as they all offer a step. Maybe even LOD sliders, as I think they have a step as well. To sum it up, if you like the FMF don't hesitate to get it. It's really a great looking bumper and built extremely well. I'm just looking at my option for what style I may go with, then narrow it down from there. FMF is still on the short list. [emoji106]

No issues, this thread has no real direction to go to lol! I really do like the FMF bumper. It's been beat on a bit and hasn't flinched. Even got hit by a car and just scratched the paint on my bumper. If I decide I want this style of bumper again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. Im just not sure which way I'm going to go with this new one yet. Im considering going with a more squared off style similar to the JCR mauler deluxe or EVO quarter pounder. If I decide against that, I may end up doing FMF front and rear bumpers this time, and a different company for sliders. The open design of the EVO and FMF 'step' angles sliders has me worried my kids feet might slip in between and get hurt. For that reason I've been looking at the Expedition one sliders, TNT customs, JCR, Hanson and EVO boat side bombers, as they all offer a step. Maybe even LOD sliders, as I think they have a step as well. To sum it up, if you like the FMF don't hesitate to get it. It's really a great looking bumper and built extremely well. I'm just looking at my option for what style I may go with, then narrow it down from there. FMF is still on the short list. [emoji106]

Good to hear! Thanks for the info :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Looks like that bad dude from the latest Batman flick. I can appreciate the funky design and coming up with something different, it's just not my cup of tea.

hhunter050

Motobilt👌 great guy. Awesome work. Made in the greatest state in the country. Alabama! Lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Motobilt[emoji108] great guy. Awesome work. Made in the greatest state in the country. Alabama! Lol

I really like the look of their front bumper with the added radiator hoop, and their rear bumper. Good looking stuff. I knew they were made in the US, as I won't consider anything else for my rigs. I did not know they were made in Alabama. Does this mean they are available in primer only? Lol, just kidding.

Top Bottom