exhaust choices

tre

So I installed mbrp "offroad" catback a couple weeks ago and took it off the next day. It rattled my teeth in the cab and sounded like tokyo drift outside. looking for quality after market without blowing out the windows of nearby homes. Any thoughts?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Dynomax makes a good one. Eddie ran it on Moby. I think its on Rubicat too. Go to youtube and search Jeep JK dynomax exhaust. Look for the orange JK in the vid pic. Sounds amazing!!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I'm gonna stay with the stock can underneath until I hole it on the trail. After years of rowdy exhausts and rowdier Harleys I kinda like the quiet the stocker produces in the cab with the hard top on. Besides, I'm skeptical of the claims of some manufacturers and the stocker works pretty good 'cept for its weight and vulnerability.:twocents:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I'm gonna stay with the stock can underneath until I hole it on the trail. After years of rowdy exhausts and rowdier Harleys I kinda like the quiet the stocker produces in the cab with the hard top on. Besides, I'm skeptical of the claims of some manufacturers and the stocker works pretty good 'cept for its weight and vulnerability.:twocents:

I like the quieter JK as well. I really like the sound the Dynomax puts out. I too will probably stay with a quiter system, but I would like a smaller muffler. The stocker is huge! Lol..

Beyrgut

I like the Dynomax Enforcer, throaty and can be a bit on the loud side but its not obnoxoius. My only real complaint is the included instructions aren't acurrate, don't cut the intermediate pipe. The prokect-jk write-up is spot on for installing, including the need to trim the evap to get a flush fit on the rear hanger mount.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
They do too. Both sound good too. I am starting to develope a love hate relationship with all these options...lol

TexasJC

I have the banks monster, and like the small added performance. It helps to take some of the lag out of the motor. Nothing major, but enough to notice. It does have a throaty sound, and I think that in cab the sound echoes a little, but not as bad outside. If I had it to do again, I'd probably try the dynomax just from reviews I've been reading, but not a bad exhaust

dis_dis

Banned
I have mbrp off-road exhaust and am pretty happy with it, I like the sounds and it is not super noisy either.
I also think its a bit cheaper compared to some other brands.

SoCalDozer

Dynomax competition hands down, I have it on mine and love it. Had to "make it work" on the 2 dr but was worth it. I didn't want to change out stock but its so in the way out back that I changed it just for more room back there for upgrades and such.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Dynomax competition hands down, I have it on mine and love it. Had to "make it work" on the 2 dr but was worth it. I didn't want to change out stock but its so in the way out back that I changed it just for more room back there for upgrades and such.

Can you post a pic.? If you have one.:yup:

cmlrc

This is the Dynomax 39510 Super Turbo dual exhaust, sorry the pictures aren't better. I love the sound, also is much smaller than stock. I'll get a better picture if you want after work today. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363881984.091448.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363881899.806825.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cj2jk

Road Race is an awesome choice sounds great and looks even better high tuck Great guys to deal with

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
i went with the dynomax rockcrawler which exits out the rear instead of pre axle, very happy with it other than issues which are probably my install fault...clamps fitting strange and having a super hard time getting it apart when i needed to install the exhaust spacers. I love the sound tho and get many compliments on it.

TrailRidden

I also have the dynomax rock crawler exhaust. Have had it for about a month now and absolutely love it! Once its broke in its sounds great and doesn't have much drone at all(imo).You cant beat the price either. :thumb:
IMG_0275.jpg

Top Bottom