EVO tire carrier

We have installed a couple on the JK and JL and I haven't seen any crazy issues with the powder coating or damage during shipping. But I could also be really lucky lol I can post some pictures if you want, just let me know 👍

JAGS

Hooked
Looking at this carrier but thinking of doing color match. Was for appearance, but also because of prior coating issues like Eddie mentioned.

Would save me a few bucks getting coated direct from EVO, if quality is better now, but still leaning color matched.

Looking at this carrier but thinking of doing color match. Was for appearance, but also because of prior coating issues like Eddie mentioned.

Would save me a few bucks getting coated direct from EVO, if quality is better now, but still leaning color matched.
Color matched looks really good to be honest. If you have the backup camera, we have been retro fitting the Teraflex (I know) camera mount setup instead of the EVO setup and found it to work and look much better. I'll find the pics.

Lperdue

Color matched looks really good to be honest. If you have the backup camera, we have been retro fitting the Teraflex (I know) camera mount setup instead of the EVO setup and found it to work and look much better. I'll find the pics.
I had the same idea, did you drill and tap the mount to keep the camera bracket in place?

Attachments

• E17A0B6C-2181-4E29-89A9-FB24222CB517.jpeg
    E17A0B6C-2181-4E29-89A9-FB24222CB517.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 18

CalSgt

Hooked

I color matched mine and am really happy with it

Is there a cover for the camera yet? Or a cover for the hinge holes? I asked Mel via IG about the holes a year ago and he said they would think about it. I need something stronger because I’m stupid. I was on an off-camber trail and opened my tailgate and it slipped out of my hands and I heard a crunch when it hyper-extended. Haha

Top Bottom