EVO cage

Thank you for posting up the pics guys.

Really like the clean- out of the way look.

Grab handles are a must for me.

It just does not end huh? :daydream:

Seen it today and wasn't overly impressed. I was told that they have no plans as of now to offer grab handles. However I was told it will be offered in bare steel or powder coated black. Also the overhead crossmember had a removable plate that allows you to recess a CB inside for added clearance, already has holes for mounting as well. I'm just not sure the price and lack of grab handles makes it worth it over the Rock Hard unit. Here's some photos so you can make your own conclusion...

I'd like to combine certain aspects of the two. I like the EVO side pieces and lower dash piece but I prefer the Rock Hard upper bar and cross piece to the rear. I still have to see the EVO in person to make a final decision, but I'm leaning toward the Rock Hard but without the grab handles. I have no use for them and I think they make the visibility worse.

Last edited:
I'd like to combine certain aspects of the two. I like the EVO side pieces and lower dash piece but I prefer the Rock Hard upper bar and cross piece to the rear. I still have to see the EVO in person to make a final decision, but I'm leaning toward the Rock Hard but without the grab handles. I have no use for them and I think they make the visibility worse.

I already have the RH cage, but totally get where you are coming from. Need a little hybrid.

Don't need grab handles, in fact they get in the way of the visors. But where does the microphone go for those with a 2012+? :idontknow:

Anyone know the weight difference? Hoping since it is chromoly it is lighter. Aesthetically I am kinda old school and like the tube look of the RH but being an old drag racer I really like chromoly for the strength and weight savings. Would like to know the weight of the EVO vs RH.

Anyone know the weight difference? Hoping since it is chromoly it is lighter. Aesthetically I am kinda old school and like the tube look of the RH but being an old drag racer I really like chromoly for the strength and weight savings. Would like to know the weight of the EVO vs RH.

Does a possibility of 20lbs really make that big of a difference in a heavy ass jeep to you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does a possibility of 20lbs really make that big of a difference in a heavy ass jeep to you?

20lbs is not much by itself if that is the difference. However weight does matter to me especially on top. Think about the difference removing a hard top makes in the way a JKU drives. Less body roll, acceleration etc. etc. anyone that has removed their hard top knows this. Our jeeps are pigs no doubt, but if I can keep the obesity to a minimum and still add some extra protection it's a win win. So my question remains what is the weight difference? Inquiring minds want to know... [emoji3]

20lbs is not much by itself if that is the difference. However weight does matter to me especially on top. Think about the difference removing a hard top makes in the way a JKU drives. Less body roll, acceleration etc. etc. anyone that has removed their hard top knows this. Our jeeps are pigs no doubt, but if I can keep the obesity to a minimum and still add some extra protection it's a win win. So my question remains what is the weight difference? Inquiring minds want to know... [emoji3]

So if the rockhard weights 70lbs and the Evo weights 60lbs you would choose the Evo one based off of ten lbs?

So if the rockhard weights 70lbs and the Evo weights 60lbs you would choose the Evo one based off of ten lbs?

I did not say that. I only asked the difference in weight between the two. The weight difference might or might not sway my decision either way. I also said that aesthetically I like the round tube look of the RH. For argument sake if the difference were somewhere around 1/2 of total weight difference say 80 vs 40 or even 50 then yes I would choose the lighter option.

Top Bottom