EVO Bolt on COILOVER Spring Rates

BDP849

I am curious what spring rates you have on your EVO Coilover setup.

Mine came with 250 250 in the front and 200 250 in the rear.

The reason I ask is, I just got back from Moab EJS, when I climbed a ledge my front had no problems but the weight of my rig would shift to the back and I would compress the rear suspension to the bump stops. I struggled getting over obstacles that I had no issues doing last year with my TeraFlex system, some I had to bypass, that sucked....
I am running 37's and a full bumper in the rear.

So I guess my question is two fold;
1. What Spring Rates are you running front and rear?
2. What ride height do you have them set at?

Any general help on set-up would be great, maybe I just have my ride heigh to low.:yup:

Last edited:
I'm running same as you front and rear. My heights set at about4.5. My timing rings on rear are about 3/4 " above slider. Have not had those issues, but depending on the trail you ran and how much weight in the rear you have will affect things. I run soft top and only tools and fluids and minor spares in rear.

I am curious what spring rates you have on your EVO Coilover setup.

Mine came with 250 250 in the front and 200 250 in the rear.

The reason I ask is, I just got back from Moab EJS, when I climbed a ledge my front had no problems but the weight of my rig would shift the the back and I would almost compress the rear suspention to the bump stops. I struggled getting over obstacles that I had no issues doing last year, some I had to bypass, that sucked....
I am running 37's and a full bumper in the rear.

So I guess my question is two fold;
1. What Spring Rates are you running front and rear?
2. What ride heigh do you have them set at?

Any general help on set-up would be great, maybe I just have my ride heigh to low.:yup:

My wife had the same issue but was always on her bump stops. We had to switch to 300/250 and since it's been great.

I also switched to 250 in the back... It's a noticeable improvement.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys for your response.

I guess I need to decide if i want to add springs or drop weight in the rear.

I'm running same as you front and rear. My heights set at about4.5. My timing rings on rear are about 3/4 " above slider. Have not had those issues, but depending on the trail you ran and how much weight in the rear you have will affect things. I run soft top and only tools and fluids and minor spares in rear.

RanchoRubi do you run a bumper and a full sized spare in the rear?

I also switched to 300/250 in the back and moved the 250 to the front so I am 200/250 in the front. I have a heavy rear bumper and Nitto 37s so a lot of weight with them mounted on Slabs. I still hit my bumpstops so I actually wish I was 300/300 in the back.

Top Bottom