Electronic stability control (need advice)

Jackboeker83

I have a 2023 JLURD and I just got a service electronic stability control warning and the light came on. When I hit the button to turn it off, it will immediately turn back on. About two days ago I noticed when going through the mountains (a lot of turns) my stability control would kick on and kill my power until I straightened out so I usually turned it off and didn’t have the problem. Well today it gave up on me. I only have 6500 miles on it and I could take it to the dealership but I have added a lot of aftermarket stuff which I believe is probably the culprit. Dynatrac 60s, tazer, evo coilover, banks pedal monster, derringer and psc steering are the big ones that come to mind. I pulled the codes and they are pictured below. The ones that stand out to me are U0415-00 (invalid ABS data) which I’m guessing one is loose or faulty and C0051-28 (steering wheel position sensor) my steering wheel was a little off of straight but still reading zero in the off-road pages but I straightened it just to be sure. I have no idea what U1514-87 (engine controller secrete code missing) or P222A-00 (Baro Pressure sensor) means. I cleared all the codes after straightening the wheel and they are still there. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas where to look because it could be a quick fix. It’s still under warranty if I can’t figure it out but I am sure they will give me shit since everything is aftermarket besides the drivetrain.
IMG_9046.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a PR60, I can tell you that the problem is most likely related to your speed sensor. Unfortunately, the tone rings they use suck and any this is a common problem. Repacking your hubs can help but it is something you'll have to deal with on a somewhat regular basis.

Jackboeker83

Being that you have a PR60, I can tell you that the problem is most likely related to your speed sensor. Unfortunately, the tone rings they use suck and any this is a common problem. Repacking your hubs can help but it is something you'll have to deal with on a somewhat regular basis.
Well shit... did you by chance make a video of how to do that? If not you SHOULD! lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well shit... did you by chance make a video of how to do that? If not you SHOULD! lol
You know, I don't have a video of that but I really should make one being that there is a specific method to the madness. On Moby, I pulled one sensor years ago just to make the problem go away and then later, had Motech just turn off the system altogether. I love my PR60 but really really hate the tone rings they use.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Rebuilding or taking apart the hubs is pretty easy. This should help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Totally forgot about this write-up (y)

Jackboeker83

My man! Thanks

It sounds like a speed sensor on one of the wheels. Is tire pressure equal? It did on mine sounds stupid but it was enough to make a difference.

Top Bottom