Electrical Pop sound when trying to start

bumpy_baldwin

Hey All,

My wife’s ‘19 JLU e-Torque 2.0 made a loud electrical pop (as if I’m touching live wires together) when pressing the start button this morning. Of course it wouldn’t turn over, but acted as if I just had it in the Run position. The wife said her remote start didn’t work yesterday either. Any ideas will be helpful. Trying to get into the dealership today (needs to be towed). If there is a way to post a 15 second video so you all can hear it, let me know how.

Hey All,

My wife’s ‘19 JLU e-Torque 2.0 made a loud electrical pop (as if I’m touching live wires together) when pressing the start button this morning. Of course it wouldn’t turn over, but acted as if I just had it in the Run position. The wife said her remote start didn’t work yesterday either. Any ideas will be helpful. Trying to get into the dealership today (needs to be towed). If there is a way to post a 15 second video so you all can hear it, let me know how.
Maybe the auxillary battery is failing? The Jeep goes crazy when that happens.

bumpy_baldwin

Maybe the auxillary battery is failing? The Jeep goes crazy when that happens.
I was able to jump start it, so seems to be a battery issue in general. Going to get the batteries tested to verify. If it is only the batteries, I’ll be surprised because I’m used to the traditional dead battery sound. Not the loud pop that we experienced.

bumpy_baldwin

loose ground? I'd check the battery connections as well as body /frame grounds for signs of arcing.
Checking the batteries here in a minute to see if that was the issue (was able to jump start). But hearing how loud that pop was, does have me worried about loose grounding connections. Which I will be checking.

bumpy_baldwin

Hey All,

UPDATE:
Changed out the main battery (aux was still good) and that stopped the popping sound when starting. But now it’s throwing an EVAP code P0546 I think. It’s not the gas cap so I need to get a smoke test done. Some websites say I’ll need to flash my PCM but that’s $150-$200. Don’t see the need but never know nowadays

Top Bottom