Dynatrac Pro-Grip brake pads

jeeeep

Hooked
well, nothing ever happens when it's convenient...anyone happen to know what brake pads are used with the ProGrip?

my rear pads are worn and need to be replaced but I also need to be on the road early tomorrow back to Texas so I can't wait on an order :doh:

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I ordered mine from Dynatrac when I replaced them.
So... I don't know except order from Dynatrac.

jeeeep

Hooked
i put them on march 2015 and I've put at least 40k miles on them.
my bad, it's the rear not front but I'll probably the fronts too

jeeeep

Hooked
Question: Do the pro grips fit the OEM 17 Moab rims? As far as clearance?

they require 4.5" BS and as long as the inner wheel is 17 all the way I would think they would fit.

I had another aftermarket wheel that was 17 on the outer lip but the wheel got thicker towards the hub down to 16.5" and they wouldn't fit.

I went with the Wagner OEx brake pads, so far they seem to stop just as well as previously :thumb:

ProGrip Pads

Hi guys! While the pad compound is a specially designed one by us, the actual pad backing plate is stock. So, until you can get another set of Dynatrac pads, you can always install a set of factory pads from any parts store to keep your Jeep on the road in the meantime. We designed the system with this specifically in mind, so anyone using the ProGrip system wouldn't be stuck due to a pad issue.

WJCO

Meme King
Hi guys! While the pad compound is a specially designed one by us, the actual pad backing plate is stock. So, until you can get another set of Dynatrac pads, you can always install a set of factory pads from any parts store to keep your Jeep on the road in the meantime. We designed the system with this specifically in mind, so anyone using the ProGrip system wouldn't be stuck due to a pad issue.

That's really cool. Good info to know.

Question: Do the pro grips fit the OEM 17 Moab rims? As far as clearance?

You have to run a wheel spacer to fit ProGrip brakes with 17 inch factory wheels. Most people who keep the factory wheel when they run larger tires and lift the Jeep will use wheel spacers anyways. If anyone has a question about wheel clearance for the ProGrip brakes, you can download our fitment instructions and front/rear fitment templates from this page on the Dynatrac website:

https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-systems/progriptm-for-the-jeep-jk.html

WJCO

Meme King
You have to run a wheel spacer to fit ProGrip brakes with 17 inch factory wheels. Most people who keep the factory wheel when they run larger tires and lift the Jeep will use wheel spacers anyways. If anyone has a question about wheel clearance for the ProGrip brakes, you can download our fitment instructions and front/rear fitment templates from this page on the Dynatrac website:

https://www.dynatrac.com/brake-systems/progriptm-for-the-jeep-jk.html

Sweet. Thank you so much. I'm going to order a set when I do my axle. And yes I already have spacers.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Back from the dead - User & this thread.

The rear pads are Out of Stock with no ETA currently on dynatrac's website.
Does anyone have good pad recommendations or a source with the progrip compound in stock?
I'm getting ready to flush the brake system and figured a new set of pads is a good measure.

WJCO

Meme King

Does anyone have good pad recommendations or a source with the progrip compound in stock?
I'm getting ready to flush the brake system and figured a new set of pads is a good measure.
When I did my progrips, the pad compound looked IDENTICAL to EBC's pads. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that they were one and the same.

TrailHunter

Hooked

Are you going to turn the rotors or just throw on new pads?

jeeeep

Hooked
I had the front rotors turned, rear were fine.

I ordered a spare set of front and rears as soon as they became available for order.

The front rotors have a notch cut out on the inner side of disc, between the fins. That's the maximum they can be turned .

Mine got turned and ended up real close but still useable and seem to be holding up. I check the pads every 5 tire rotations (approx. 20k miles) to check the pads and see how the rotors are wearing.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I had the front rotors turned, rear were fine.

I ordered a spare set of front and rears as soon as they became available for order.

The front rotors have a notch cut out on the inner side of disc, between the fins. That's the maximum they can be turned .

Mine got turned and ended up real close but still useable and seem to be holding up. I check the pads every 5 tire rotations (approx. 20k miles) to check the pads and see how rotors are wearing.
Good to know. I need to do mine in the next 10k probably. Front has been squeaking since the first trip on them. A damn rock got in there and put a groove in the rotor. I’ll probably buy new fronts and turn the rears.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
When I did my progrips, the pad compound looked IDENTICAL to EBC's pads. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that they were one and the same.
That's what I needed to know.
Assuming the "Greenstuff"?

Thank you Sir Memes a lot.

Most likely no. I don't think they need to be turned at this time.

My main concern is the fluid - it is nearly BLACK & the Pedal is starting to sink/loose pressure.
The jeep still stops fine (For now), but a flush is well overdue with being 8 years old now. (time flies)

since I'm flushing the system, I don't want to push in the caliper pistons and NOT put in new pads. I'll likely do the flush, run the jeep, trigger the ABS, press in the caliper pistons, install the new pads, and rebleed caliper by caliper.

I hope you all are doing well.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really?? That is good to know and honestly, there are only so many manufacturers of auto parts as a whole. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Top Bottom