Dumb question

Depends on what mods you have done.
Some after market parts

-drive shaft
-sway bar links
-control arms

HAHA!!!

At least you are not embarrassed to ask pal!!

so yes, you have many zerk fittings under your jeep jk that require grease every now and again. I personally always re-grease my undercarriage after every large off road trip.

Some point to remember:
- Only grease after you wash your Jeep. Many wash with power washers which forces dirt and grim
into joints. Greasing after the fact sometimes pushes this debris out.
- Do not over grease. Every time I hook onto the zerk fitting with my grease gun, I give it about 2 pumps.
- Remember to wipe off excess grease or overtime it will cover your undercarriage. i.e. drive shaft.
- You never want metal on metal for any joints, so the addition of grease as a lubricating factor between metal reduce friction, which in return, will rid your jeep from the common creeks.
- Stay current with lubricating!! Only takes 5 minutes!!

Areas that many require lubrication:
- Drive Shafts (Front and Rear)
- Rear bumpers with tire swing out
- Control Arms (Front and Rear / Upper and Lower)
- Some Sway Bar Systems
- etc...

Hope thats a good "In The Nut Shell" for you!!

If your all stock then there are no zerks that require grease.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

So what are all the grease points on the Jk? I have a feeling my Jk needs lubed up

There's a quote that says "The dumbest question is The one that is never asked" So to this matter I'd say IT was useful to me since I didn't think of asking that and Now I'm aware of something else.

BTW... I guess this greasepoints apply to any vehicle right? I mean any vehicle that goes off-road!

Thanks wvjeepin!!

Sent from my Smartphone using WAYALIFE app

Top Bottom