dropping hemi for LSA build started!

silverbackjk

I love my trail grapplers! Seem to be more sticky on the rocks than toyos.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dahreno

Banned
I have a set of Toyos. Man are they heavy.I would check the weight of the tires if I were you . I wish I got something lighter but , I got a great deal . I'm sure I will pay the price in gas .Good luck with your build and I hope it's not a street queen just meant to impress !

dahreno

Banned
I am so glad to see that , thanks .I am so sick of people doing mods to impress who ever they want to impress

bluewave

I got asked the same thing over at pirate. here is the question and my response. I don't see why its so hard for people on the "other" boards to believe or accept?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson
Is this a mall rig or a wheeler?

its a daily driver, rock crawler, mud runner, grocery getter. its being made for fun with no set purpose but to put a smile on mine and my wifes face every time we get in it and go. I want something pretty close to bullet proof, and am going for UA 2014 with it. the beauty of the lsa is if I want 550-900 horses its not that hard to make changes. I wanted flexibility and the refinement of a production motor that's easy to drive

bluewave

ordered the liberator forged beadlock wheels. ended up going 17x9.5 because 17x10 became a 2 piece wheel. going with the 40x13.50x17 nitto trail grapplers

bluewave

update: Problems with torq

Just wanted to post a few update pictures and a post I hated to type up but I feel like I need to let people know what your getting in to with torq if you go with their axles. Its been nothing but issue after issue and im tired of it, now that its holding up my build im getting more angry.

here is something that might be superficial but I could have ordered the ruffstuff made housing for solid and had more ground clearance....( see pictures )

Okay if I step over a line illyb sorry in advance: I know he has been having issues and is waiting to get them sorted out before saying. I don't think when your spending 18k on axles you should be having issues. But I noticed me and you both ordered torq super 14s and got normal torq 14s.
(WE GOT Hosed!)*self edit*

StLouis400ex: William has what I would consider major issues, his bearings weren't installed correctly and destroyed the lock out hubs before they were even under the jeep. The brakes hit the swaybar links, the only track bar (with out going with a watts link) that will work with these axles is the metalcloak bar and the are on backorder. he ordered his April 29th and just got them in the middle of august.

Me: When I first started looking for axles Jim Jackson handled everything as my point of contact: I told him I wanted a quote for the super 14s and if I went with them I needed them in 8 weeks or less. He said no problem. They wanted the full 15k up front, Ive never heard of a company doing that, dynatrac takes half up front and half at shipment. he said 11k will get them built then pay the rest when we are ready to ship.

Right off the bat the normal delays were presented, (I figured that would happen) waiting on ARB, waiting on, Reid C's and knuckles, waiting on axle shafts etc. So time went on and I got the pictures from jim showing those parts on a cart with my name on it. After jim talked me in to going with the ssbc brakes for extra $1300 I pretty much never heard back from jim. I sent him a few texts asking about progress and doing my steering for me.

A few weeks went by and then Tacoma White started calling saying he was trying to get everything organized and moving again and that the old shop manager screwed up everything before him. He said he wanted to make contact and that everything was moving good and the axles should ship around the 14th of July weekend. (if I remember correctly). So around the Aug 1 Tacoma calls again saying that he wanted to touch base and he says the axles are close to shipping but if he sends them out for powder coating it would be another 10-14 business days before they would ship. I said nevermind on that ill paint them myself if need be. He said your balance with brakes and steering is around 4500 I said that's great. Call me when your ready to ship and ill pay you.

So about 2 weeks ago a lady named Wendy calls me and says my first balance is 3170 for steering and brakes and the remaining on the axles is 4468 im thinking that's another 7700 dollars. I told the lady to have jim Jackson call me and ill discuss that with him and ill pay when the axles are ready to ship.

So on Aug 21st Tacoma calls and says you wanted to talk about the balance? Yea I did! you quoted me 4500 like 2 weeks ago and its up to 7700 now? WTF? I didn't say that..... Tacoma yes you did and ill pull the phone record and let you hear yourself say that, All the calls on my business phone are recorded. He said oh.... well maybe I didn't understand everything. I told him you said your axles, steering and brakes... I said that's pretty specific for not knowing. he starts talking to jim in the background (im assuming on speaker phone) and says that the steering was an extra 1650 I asked what that was for and he said the ram, the tie-rod and joints and clamp... I was pissed and said that is a rip off I can get the whole psc steering system for 1600. He said well labor to install the tabs and drill this and that.... I told him ill pay it but im not happy and will not be recommending them to anyone else. So after him showing me the credit on the original GM brakes and taking the power coating I paid the rest. I told him I knew I ordered 40 spline axles and he said oh no, your invoice just says

The next day Tacoma calls and says that he figured out why the steering was so much more then expected.... it had the XR- pump and reservoir with it and the hoses and stuff. He said the axles would ship on the 26th and would take 2 or 3 days to get to Robbie's, its now in to September and the axles aren't there.

Robbie said either Tacoma or Bill called and said they would be setting up the axles or something along the lines. I really feel like they are dragging their feet to get us past the 120 days you have to dispute the charges on your credit cards. I called chase up and they said if the axles are not delivered by 9/5/13 call them and they will put an investigational dispute on the charges and hold the money with their merchant services. That way I don't lose my right to dispute the charges.

I know im rambling but this is about the first time I feel like im getting screwed around where I wont have any recourse. If I sit around and do nothing. I have been made to feel very uncomfortable and have been fighting my wife, she said pull the plug on these axles about a month ago and use the dynatracs we have here. This kid Tacoma is going to run this company in to the ground. I trusted Jim Jackson, (In a sense) I felt comfortable talking to him and didn't question what he said.

Tacoma has been deleting my posts off of their facebook page. Asking when the axles are going to ship. The only one they left is where it says your money cleared and they are going to be there next week... WTF dose that mean? my credit card went threw with out an issue....

So overall I feel like I've been misled and taken advantage of, I know for a 100% fact I ordered 40 spine torq super 14s and because I didn't research it deeper and know there was a difference I didn't notice the invoice till after he threw it in my face. About the fact the "seals" would work with the 40 spline shafts and never noticed it just said torq 14s and not super 14s. Had I known this it would have been an easy to choice to eat crow and go with dynatrac.

(forgot to add)
Tacoma said last week they had last minute issues with my brake rotors and had to get new ones but don't worry they all come from the same place. For 3k on my brakes they better not be duralast from autozone.

Attachments

• torq invoice.png
    torq invoice.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 251
  • torq facebook.png
    torq facebook.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 251
  • jeep on lift.jpg
    jeep on lift.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 251
  • solid super height diff side small.jpg
    solid super height diff side small.jpg