Drag link flip?

jman_12

I've been looking at the evo enforcer lift and was curious what a drag link flip is. Does it help your steering or something?

I've been looking at the evo enforcer lift and was curious what a drag link flip is. Does it help your steering or something?

when lifted over 3" your steering can get out of wack due to the new height. in order to help return your steering geometry back to stock you need to do a drag link flip. this will get your drag link and trackbar back inline (parallel) with each other.

If you look at your steering now you will see the drag link attaches to the passenger side steering knuckle from underneath. The kit will "flip" the drag link on this end by attaching from the top. The kit also includes an axle side bracket for raising the track bar about 3".

So yes it does help the steering if you have 3"+ of lift but also re-centers the front axle side to side so you don't need an adjustable track bar.

when lifted over 3" your steering can get out of wack due to the new height. in order to help return your steering geometry back to stock you need to do a drag link flip. this will get your drag link and trackbar back inline (parallel) with each other.

If you look at your steering now you will see the drag link attaches to the passenger side steering knuckle from underneath. The kit will "flip" the drag link on this end by attaching from the top. The kit also includes an axle side bracket for raising the track bar about 3".

Sooooo correct me if I'm wrong...you can use existing trackbar and no need for an adjustable trackbar right?

Sooooo correct me if I'm wrong...you can use existing trackbar and no need for an adjustable trackbar right?

Correct. I still run a factory track bar on both my JK's. The relocation bracket that comes with the EVO flip kit will not only correct your steering geometry, it will help return your axle back to center and without the help of an adjustable track bar.

Correct. I still run a factory track bar on both my JK's. The relocation bracket that comes with the EVO flip kit will not only correct your steering geometry, it will help return your axle back to center and without the help of an adjustable track bar.

Thanks Eddie! I can't believe how EVO's kits are so easy to add on in stages. I think I found my future lift.

Thanks Eddie! I can't believe how EVO's kits are so easy to add on in stages. I think I found my future lift.

I only have 2 complaints that I have on the EVO drag link flip that I installed 2 weeks ago... Both are minor and cosmetic.

1 - The instructions. They suck. They aren't the worse out there, but they could use a lot of improving. I would recommend emailing them to get the latest version and a digital copy of them. The printed ones make the pictures pretty hard to read, the digital version is 100 times better on the pictures.

2 - The smaller bolts that are used mostly for positioning of the brackets are too short, they barely engage the nylon portion of the nuts. If they were 1/8" longer they could actually engage the nylon and get a good lock. I still used Lock-Tite on them but if they are going to spend the money to include the nylon locking nuts, it would be nice if the bolts were long enough to engage.

When you are drilling the taper out make sure you have a good drill bit and a steady hand, the included bushing does not work if you vary by more than 1/16th of an inch on the drilled hole (ask how I know). Synergy makes a taper sleeve for their drag link flip kit that is designed to work between .875 and .950 of an inch, it is $10 from NorthRidge and saved my arse. :thumb:

Other than the above the kits seems pretty secure and stable, took it out this weekend and it did great!

Top Bottom