Do I need a track bar relocation bracket??

Colorado4

Greetings!

I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU with 4 inch lift.

I am going to install a new track bar, do I need a track bar relocation bracket?

Thanks

bmkrinne

You don’t have to change your track bar height and can leave it as is if you are happy with the way the Jeep drives. If you have bump steer and want to improve the way it handles, then you would need to raise the track bar AND do a drag link flip to keep the drag link and track bar angles the same.

I’ve got 4” of lift and chose to change both at the time I put the lift on so can’t comment on the difference, do have a buddy who has 4” of lift and has the OEM drag link and track bar mounts. He seems to think it drives great.

Your choice, but do them both at the same time. Also need at least 3” bump stops on front with the drag link flip.

Last edited:
We always suggest doing a raised track bar and draglink flip over 3.5” lift. Not a must but can help prevent bump steer and just gets everything nice and leveled out up front.

Another thing to consider, if you plan on running PSC in the future, it’s a good time to add a complete weld-on raised trackbar bracket.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We always suggest doing a raised track bar and draglink flip over 3.5” lift. Not a must but can help prevent bump steer and just gets everything nice and leveled out up front.

Another thing to consider, if you plan on running PSC in the future, it’s a good time to add a complete weld-on raised trackbar bracket.
Agreed. Definitely helps with the feel and handling on 3.5" or more of lift.

Top Bottom