DIY Beadlocks

Sounds dangerous. And this is coming from a guy with beadlocks.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app
^^^This^^^ Beadlocks need to be precise and even then there are some which leak or don't seat right. I've heard of a company which can convert most standard wheel into bead locks but even then it sounds sketchy. Just save and buy manufactured ones from a reputable wheel company.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Has anyone done the DIY beadlock kits you can buy? Just wondering how easy of install or quality they are? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was looking at this route before I bought my chamber pros. Since I can't weld I asked my buddy and for liability reasons he wouldn't do it. He said cause of road use its super sketchy and he is a great welder. He didn't trust the metal holding up and suggested I only use it for the trails.

I also looked into this. It is not the safest thing to do for road use. Now if you are going to trailer your jeep to and from the trail I guess I could see someone doing the DIY kits.

x2 on DIY beadlocks for trail use only and you can use a steel wheel.

I have seen the welds break, saw it happened on one of our trail gunners jeep a couple of years ago at EJS, he had a welder and was able to beat it into place and weld it up.

I asked him about them and he said he trailers his jeep and puts on a different set of wheels for DD

forgot to add he also ran tires with a stiffer sidewall since they tend to leak and his rig was light enough he could run basically run them with no air

Top Bottom