Dick Cepek Extreme Country?

S_wall98

Searching for tires and looking at the Cooper STT Pro and the Dick Cepek Extreme Country. Seems to be plenty of info and real world reviews of the Pros but not much on the Extreme Country.
Any of you guys running them or have any experience?
Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, don't have any experience with the Dick Cepek Extreme Country's but they do look nice. Bummer that they don't come in a 37 or at least, not that I know of. I might have considered running them if they did.

jkwebbie

I have a few buddies that are running the Coopers and love them. I run Mastercraft MXTs, Cooper owns Mastercraft. I couldn't be any happier with my tires.

And I don't know of anyone running the DC tires. Hope I could help bud

S_wall98

Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually looked at MXT also but there isn't much of a difference in price between it and the Pro....not at the few places that carry them locally.
Honestly, I found the STT (not Pro) for about 160/tire so was only considering those or the Pro or Extreme Country.
That being said, how are you liking the MXT?

jkwebbie

Thanks for the replies guys.
I actually looked at MXT also but there isn't much of a difference in price between it and the Pro....not at the few places that carry them locally.
Honestly, I found the STT (not Pro) for about 160/tire so was only considering those or the Pro or Extreme Country.
That being said, how are you liking the MXT?

I really like the MXTs, I have them in a 37. They do really good in the rocks and mud. And they aren't too loud on the road either. So far, they've worn pretty even too. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again

John82601

Sorry for being late to the party ;) When I went from 33x10.5's to 35x12.5's on my YJ, Cepek had just released the Extreme Country so I took a look at them. When my tire guy quoted me a price I had to give them a try. I'm not a mud guy but the varied terrain we play in requires a stout tire. First thing we noticed is that they are a bit taller than and a full inch wider than a set of KM2's that also came in that day. My initial concern is the 2-ply sidewall vs the BFG and STT Pro's 3-ply so we'll see if it becomes a problem. I've only got about 1k miles on them but I'm running them unbalanced and they have to be one of the roundest tires I've run. So far they've handled the hardpack snow and slush better than my BFG KM2's did. I'll post updates when we actually get to hit the hills and do some exploring.

Fresh off the truck:

DC Extreme Terrains.jpg

Mounted on some Ultra 15x10's, ready to bolt up:

Ultra 176 DC Extreme Country.jpg

On my YJ, 4" suspension lift, 1" body lift, TJ flares:

IMAG0099.jpg

John82601

The DCEC's did great yesterday. They did everything I asked them to do plus a little. We played on the rocks for a few minutes but we were mostly just trail running. By the end of the day a number of guys were asking about them.

DSCN1079.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

I expected the tread blocks to show some wear but didn't think we'd played hard enough for this to happen. I'm going to let my tire guy know about it.

DSCN1115.jpg

Top Bottom