Dave's nameless JKUR build

daverawr

As the title says, my rig as of now is nameless. haha title will eventually be updated with a name, when one is found. Maybe you guys could help with that!

So originally i was in a 2014 Subaru STI as pictured below
Tumblr 1.jpg

This beautiful race car well i felt it was a race car to me, was flooded in May during a ridiculous flash flood in Houston.
After being flooded my first choice was to get a FJ Cruiser as that was the car i was planning on getting before getting the Subaru.
But all the Trail Teams were being sold and couldnt find one. Then came the beauty i have now.
After test driving about 6-7 JK's, regular JKU and JKUR's and one JKUR artic that i really wanted sold infront of me, I test drove my Jeep.
Fell in love right away. It was Manual, was already lifted, front and rear bumpers were good, drove very nice, and very low miles for a 2011! only 14,000 miles.! previous owner had good taste in what he put on as well, quality parts is the only thing i saw on it. Except for the driving pods on the front, they take a while to get bright and wish they were a bit brighter.

Enough of that here she is !

IMG_5588.jpg IMG_5993.jpg IMG_5994.jpg

Took her mudding once and it deffinately left the stock fenders looking extra faded and nasty havent been able to bring the black or dark grey back out of it

So as she sits here is the list of things done!:
-Warn Winch
-ARB Deluxe Combo Bull Bar
-Expedition One Trail Series Bumper
-Expedition One Smooth Motion Tire Carrier
-HIDX Offroad lighting Pods
-Suspension Spacers ( I was told this by a local offroad store associate ) Not sure which one but rides smooth with stock suspension
-Mickey Thompson Classic III Wheel silver 18x9
-35 inch BFGoodrich A/T KO
-Weather Tech Mats throughout.
-NFAB Nerf Steps ( Want to change to some Rockers, LOD or Evo )

I have alot i want to do to this rig but it will be slowly but surely. but for now here is a list of things i want to get done

-LED Headlamps [ completed 8-12-15 ]
-Evo or LOD Rockers
-Brighter Light pods
-5.13 gearing
-Led light bar
-Front Runner or GOBI Roof rack system
-CB Radio
-Full Suspension lift
-Expedition One Jerry can mount for Tire carrier
-Seat covers
-Hard wire switch inside the cabin for winch

More mods im sure when i think of them.

This car will be road tripped to Colorado and Moab Utah in November so if anything i should add to the list or make sure i get before the trip please advise me and recommend. Always open to advice and opinions

Last edited:

daverawr

These bad boys will be going on to replace the stock headlights next week. Full LED assembly done by Venomous Inc. Lights in Houston.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438828437.318657.jpg

daverawr

Well. She's done !! Got the led assembly in. Very happy with the turn out Changed the whole look. Just waiting for night time to get you guys a comparison photo.. But man they are sick. And already know it'll be a night and day difference with these over the stock headlamps. ! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439413192.124765.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439413235.876089.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439413249.096970.jpg

daverawr

Stock headlamps
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436316.958875.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436334.953880.jpg

After market

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436381.004231.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436409.409893.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436433.316871.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439436452.162289.jpg

I know they're not the best comparison but driving these things throw light feel like I'm driving with high beams on now. Although I need to angle them down a bit. Other than that they're perfect!

daverawr

So I picked up some stock JKU flares yesterday from a guy on the local fb page. He wanted $50 but I was going to wait a week and he was nice enough to just say pick them up for free I have him $10 for them still. But now have something to practice off the car already to take my time to cut the fenders so I can keep my car looking complete in the time it takes ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439959930.325310.jpg

Stay tuned. Should be doing a write up as well if they come out good.

Top Bottom