Dash Start Message and PRNDM Light Stay On

Mose

I have a 2021 JLU Rubicon automatic with 13k miles. Twice now in the last 4 weeks the “Press brake and start button” dash light and the PRNDM shifter light stay on after shutdown and do not go off. It also looks like the PRNDM light quickly flashes off and then back on about every minute.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it is in park when I shutdown. The first time this happened I took it for a drive for about 1/2 hour and then after the lights went off as they should and all worked well.

when it happened the second time taking it for a drive did not help. Those lights stayed on. I decided to push on all the fuses and about 1/3 were quite loose. However the lights did not go off. But when I locked it with the fob the lights went out properly.

I know it needs some diagnostics run. Any thoughts on what I should be sure the dealer look at/test?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. I love my Ruby and want that baby feeling good!

thank you.

I have a 2021 JLU Rubicon automatic with 13k miles. Twice now in the last 4 weeks the “Press brake and start button” dash light and the PRNDM shifter light stay on after shutdown and do not go off. It also looks like the PRNDM light quickly flashes off and then back on about every minute.

I know it is in park when I shutdown. The first time this happened I took it for a drive for about 1/2 hour and then after the lights went off as they should and all worked well.

when it happened the second time taking it for a drive did not help. Those lights stayed on. I decided to push on all the fuses and about 1/3 were quite loose. However the lights did not go off. But when I locked it with the fob the lights went out properly.

I know it needs some diagnostics run. Any thoughts on what I should be sure the dealer look at/test?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions. I love my Ruby and want that baby feeling good!

thank you.
Since it’s so intermittent make sure you take video of what is happening when you have the doors closed and the key outside and away from the vehicle. This will help make sure that the Jeep isn’t just seeing the key being present and keeping modules awake.

thank you.
Have you recently had the doors off or running aftermarket doors? I can't remember the exact issue I had , but once last year I had something similar with dash lights after shutdown and it turned out to be a bent pin in the front door harness connector. They're really tiny and easy to bend if the harness isn't perfectly square together when plugging it back in with that stupid lever connector. I just used a plastic trim tool to bend it back and it was fixed.

Top Bottom