DANA Ultimate UD80 - SEMA 2023

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been waiting for DANA to finally release their Dana Ultimate UD80 for the better part of 5 years and I'm happy to learn, here at SEMA 2023 that they're finally selling AND shipping them!

20231101165607-4bdd49e1.jpg
20231101165615-60b87593.jpg
20231101165612-de39ba27.jpg
20231101165620-6ef6bc95.jpg
20231101165622-7cf4e80e.jpg
20231101165627-fa1a8ec1.jpg
20231101165629-232ea729.jpg
20231101165640-de5cdcc5.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So... a set of 80's will be waiting for you when you get home or will the compass point to Disciple for an install video?
I feel very large grins emanating from you and Jeremy.
LOL - need to order one before it can ship but otherwise, yeah, I am all grins 🤪

Are these actually 17 grand?
What am I missing here.

Edit: WAYALIFE video says 12k…maybe they are listed high online because of no inventory?

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, so roughly $12,600 for the axle. What is the cost of needed brackets to attach to a vehicle? Labor cost for lay out and welding?
That would be the final total cost for the axle. Labor to install on vehicle is a different category.

Okay, so roughly $12,600 for the axle. What is the cost of needed brackets to attach to a vehicle? Labor cost for lay out and welding?
That would be the final total cost for the axle. Labor to install on vehicle is a different category.
You can look at it that way but most people that are installing an 80 are typically running bigger/custom suspension and is much easier and actually cheaper to start with a bare tube with less cutting and prep work.

These are also listed for a JK/JL/JT so it’s a universal axle with each of those vehicles having different factory bracket setups so I can understand why they did this.

Yea i don’t know what I was seeing…something must have been off.

Price you have above is very fair.
That's not bad! I could sell my Jeep to get a set... Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can look at it that way but most people that are installing an 80 are typically running bigger/custom suspension and is much easier and actually cheaper to start with a bare tube with less cutting and prep work.

These are also listed for a JK/JL/JT so it’s a universal axle with each of those vehicles having different factory bracket setups so I can understand why they did this.
This ^^^

Any time we've had Moby, Rubicat or our Gladiator outfitted with DTD's, a TON of time and work had to go into cutting off and cleaning up what was on our axles BEFORE anything new could be welded on. That these come bracketless is awesome.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It comes with factory brackets. No extra cost.

Top Bottom