Cut Fender Thread

JK's JK

Banned
I have not read the post but I think my fenders look awesome. Here are some pictures of how I did mine. I used some paper and shaded the outline of one side then cut it out to duplicate the results to the other side.

View attachment 61755 DSC01415.JPG DSC01416.JPG

DSC01451.JPG DSC01452.JPG DSC01453.JPG DSC01454.JPG DSC01426.JPG

Last edited:

Jklee

ae02ff5a3e6815ae0667af83486032e7.jpg

Here's mine

painted fenders?

anybody know if this looks good/even works on painted fenders? or would I be better off just getting some aftermarket ones?

cheers

RockyJk

Jklee and Kenny I like your guys's style thinking about doing that to mine but will probably have to get mudflaps haha my tires stick out a lot as it is lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388800724.201289.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah i drove around without the flares for a few months so I got used to the filth all over my Jeep. Now even these slim ones help quite a bit but I can understand needing/wanting mud flaps lol

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Cutting my fenders and wanted some feedback on getting a great finished product. I've read the writeups and will be using them as well. Thanks!

Sent while sitting on the crapper.

Prime

smaller pic of front.jpg

small pic of fender.jpg

Did mine today.. Has anyone had a problem with the fender coming off because there's really nothing holding the fender down but the few clips?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Did mine today.. Has anyone had a problem with the fender coming off because there's really nothing holding the fender down but the few clips?

Did you leave the plastic frame or ditch it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

i kept the ridged under piece that bolts on. but the flat fender just sits on the top of that nothing to hold it down?

They shouldn't unless you hit a tree or rock, then you want them to come off.

olram30

Got bored and cut mine today, looks funny with stock rims and tires. I bought side makers, but I'll put them in another day. Too cold outside..

Attachments

• 1389302947086.jpg
    1389302947086.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,252

ralph450r

1389310310481.jpg
Taped it off and used a fine tooth metal blade with a small hand held sawz-all.... and then sanded a touch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I dig your front bumper. I have the same one :thumb: What d-ring mounts did you go with? Rough Country's or someone else? I was thinking about going with Rugged Ridges because it's cheaper and they look pretty nice in my opinion.

Top Bottom