Currie Axles?

BruceyZ06

For a bolt in set up for some one that doesn't wheel aggressively, what do you think of these?

BruceyZ06

Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the speedy responses.

Another question... When disabling the factory axles and lockers. Have any of you used the Taser to turn off the "service axle light" and does it actually turn it off?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the speedy responses.

Another question... When disabling the factory axles and lockers. Have any of you used the Taser to turn off the "service axle light" and does it actually turn it off?

Thanks!
Nope, no issues at all and yes, I’ll turn it off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I slept on this and thought I should ask, are you just doing the rear or will you be doing the front as well? If you're only doing the rear and hope to try and use the factory front locker, you will have some issues there or at least, I did. If you get the e-locker in the axle, you can use the tazer wiring kit to make it so that you can use the factory switch to operate it though.

BruceyZ06

I slept on this and thought I should ask, are you just doing the rear or will you be doing the front as well? If you're only doing the rear and hope to try and use the factory front locker, you will have some issues there or at least, I did. If you get the e-locker in the axle, you can use the tazer wiring kit to make it so that you can use the factory switch to operate it though.
Thanks for the reply Eddie and thinking about this more. I'll do the rear first then the front in due time. I was going to use the Taser to shut both lockers off. Then wire front and rear lockers to my switch pro's. Or, would this not work?

I believe the taser should turn off both lights correct?

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply Eddie and thinking about this more. I'll do the rear first then the front in due time. I was going to use the Taser to shut both lockers off. Then wire front and rear lockers to my switch pro's. Or, would this not work?

I believe the taser should turn off both lights correct?

Thanks!
The Tazer will turn off both, just not one or the other if you're planning on using the factory switch. You can wire both to your Switch Pros and that's ultimately what I did. Mopar sells a wiring kit to help make this easier too.

BruceyZ06

The Tazer will turn off both, just not one or the other if you're planning on using the factory switch. You can wire both to your Switch Pros and that's ultimately what I did. Mopar sells a wiring kit to help make this easier too.

Okay sounds good. I assume one wire to the switch pro's and the other to a chassis ground?

Well, that's a plus that the Tazer turns off the locker lights. I was worried it wouldn't.

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
What are the pros and cons of wiring aftermarket axles with e lockers to the factory switch or an Spod?
Every time you post, you bump an old thread with random bullshit. Then you disappear when people respond. Spod blows by the way. What's your agenda?

DavoSmith

WJCO, I have no agenda. I'm just trying to get my questions answered. I guess your opinion and mine differ on what is "random bullshit."

I asked this particular question because I specifically want to know peoples thoughts on the pros and cons of wiring my elockers via the factory switch or something like the SPOD.

WJCO, I have no agenda. I'm just trying to get my questions answered. I guess your opinion and mine differ on what is "random bullshit."

I asked this particular question because I specifically want to know peoples thoughts on the pros and cons of wiring my elockers via the factory switch or something like the SPOD.
If I were doing aftermarket axles, I would wire them in to a stand alone switch system so you can bypass the limitations of the OEM computer.

TheGrendel

If I were doing aftermarket axles, I would wire them in to a stand alone switch system so you can bypass the limitations of the OEM computer.
100% this. i know it feels like you are just wasting a switch. but, ultimately it is much better to have the front and rear lockers operating off separate switches that do not rely on a computer.

Top Bottom