Cracked oil filter housing?

Colorado4x4

Greetings! I recently saw just a little bit of oil on the passenger side of my transmission. No oil on the driver side of the transmission. I thought rear main seal but it looked like it’s coming from higher up. Maybe upper oil pan gasket? Then I found this. Is this the classic cracked oil cooler/filter housing? Second photo is from the web because it was hard for me to get a good picture. If it is, seems like it would be good to replace spark plugs and coils (at 70,000 miles now) while I am at it with having to remove the intake plenum? Thanks for your help! - Geoff
443EBA24-1D7B-455F-8B32-3D424244BB23.jpeg 7CC87358-98BD-4D9D-899B-0D70F2E5E166.jpeg

Last edited:

Bear_JT

Hooked
Could be the oil cooler. Unless you know that you overnighted the filter cap, it’s probably going to be the cooler housing.

Colorado4x4

I took a good look in there and it’s pretty oily. It kind of looks like oil is leaking out of the front plastic welded hole, but I will take it apart and install a new one. Might as well put new spark plugs in while I’m at it!

Top Bottom