Coming up to Speed With Grubbicon

Grubbicon

Front and rear axle shafts. You'll bump the hell out of it, it'll bounce and then come down and you'll be spinning all 4 tires and then a big boom and there goes the axle shafts. Or you somehow explode the Atlas lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The POS trans will explode before that tcase does. Id say those 1350 ujoints in the driveshafts probably go before trans though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

The POS trans will explode before that tcase does. Id say those 1350 ujoints in the driveshafts probably go before trans though.

Now that I think about it, the trans would be the first to go. It already hates the 40s on it, I can only imagine the strain the stickies will put on it. Shit, Harrisons tranny blew with 37s on the Jeep lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can't we all just agree to disagree? Everyone has a different thought of what "wheeling" is. Does that make one person right over another? Nope, not at all. As long as they enjoy what they're doing, why does it matter.

Even though I have not had the pleasure of wheeling out west yet, it is a very different type of wheeling than we have here on the east coast. Just because they're different, doesn't make one right and one wrong.

I just want to get back to seeing what breaks on Grubbicon next.

And we have the mediator!!!! Not everyone is going to agree. I too, like IrishJK, saw ol' boys post as a dick measuring contest on the type of wheeling east vs. west. My Jeep never leaves the garage. It's never been wheeled. I keep it shiny and pretty. Break out the car duster and tire shine every time it sees sunny California daylight. :yup:

jkwebbie

And we have the mediator!!!! Not everyone is going to agree. I too, like IrishJK, saw ol' boys post as a dick measuring contest on the type of wheeling east vs. west. My Jeep never leaves the garage. It's never been wheeled. I keep it shiny and pretty. Break out the car duster and tire shine every time it sees sunny California daylight. :yup:

Well I'll go ahead and apologize for my post. I didn't mean for it to come out like a dick measuring contest, I was actually agreeing with Irish about Rockwell's not being needed out West, even though I don't have any experience wheeling where you guys do. I've just watched all Eddies videos and other peoples on Youtube and had a few friends make it out to Moab, Arizona, Colorado and few other places and say everything out your way is made for crawling. But then you look up videos of East coast wheeling and you'll always find someone bouncing off the rev limiter to make it up a hill lol. Didn't mean to insult you guys if I did

Grubbicon

Friday afternoon finished slapping everything together and rolled out to the flats offroad park in NC. Jeep did great with the 43s on it. Had to beat on the front fender in the back to get the tire from eating it but everything else was perfect clearance wise.

Noticed i twisted up the rear driveshaft somewhere so gonna have to get another built if its gonna get back on the road. Also noticed passenger rear strut looked almost fully compressed when I pulled it in the shop last night so Ill have to investigate that in a couple days.
IMG_1478476687.948024.jpg IMG_1478476662.327591.jpg IMG_1478476699.494151.jpg IMG_1478476708.458999.jpg IMG_1478476718.027242.jpg IMG_1478476727.764013.jpg

After dropping the Jeep off in ATL around midnight went on to Milledgeville and around 1:45am hit a deer running about 75. So now gonna have to get my truck fixed... Crushed the radiator so having it picked up Tuesday and headed back to ATL.
IMG_1478476819.348354.jpg IMG_1478476829.679843.jpg IMG_1478476838.359176.jpg IMG_1478476845.778288.jpg IMG_1478476853.527835.jpg IMG_1478476860.805096.jpg

Napalm

How do you like those Bestop soft doors? When you use to roll your Jeep on the highway, did you notice if it was any less windy than running straight doorless?

Grubbicon

Figured Id through up some pictures from last weekend and at Morris Mountain. Jeeps doing great need to find someone that has done some tuning on struts because id like to try and get the unloading in the front under control as well as stiffen everything up.
IMG_1479302490.449464.jpg IMG_1479302505.205860.jpg IMG_1479302521.202289.jpg IMG_1479302538.288269.jpg IMG_1479302551.512265.jpg IMG_1479302570.614893.jpg IMG_1479322327.262039.jpg

I need to take my passenger rear off and unmount it and have the wheel straightened out. When it gets lot of weight on it you can hear it burp air and by the time we were done saturday there basically wasnt anything left in it.
IMG_1479302657.639002.jpg

Also havent tried to put my hard door on yet but by the looks of it may of finally bent the poison spyder rails up into the way. After the jeep took a good bounce and landed on it the soft door opened itself up and noticed after it was hitting the slider.

Last edited:

Grubbicon

Well spent some time the past couple days to head to RBD bright and early tomorrow morning. Well this morning I was playing around in the yard about to put the jeep on the trailer and bang front ring and pinion broke in the JK.
IMG_2561.jpg

Since the JK is cashed on to next option. I finally pulled the broke front axle shaft out of the Juggy. Turns out broke a 35spline chromo inner half way through the splines. After family leaves gotta do a few things and finish loading up. Tomorrow when we get there gonna be putting a buddys spare in there and hope it makes it through the weekend.
IMG_2563.jpg IMG_2562.jpg

Rb1boxer_3

Well spent some time the past couple days to head to RBD bright and early tomorrow morning. Well this morning I was playing around in the yard about to put the jeep on the trailer and bang front ring and pinion broke in the JK.
View attachment 232030

Since the JK is cashed on to next option. I finally pulled the broke front axle shaft out of the Juggy. Turns out broke a 35spline chromo inner half way through the splines. After family leaves gotta do a few things and finish loading up. Tomorrow when we get there gonna be putting a buddys spare in there and hope it makes it through the weekend.
View attachment 232031 View attachment 232032
Oh crap man. Just can't get a break from breaking lol

Out in the Boonies

Top Bottom