Code after oil change

The BAD Influence

Following every oil change (I do it myself) I get code P06DE within a few days. I check the oil and filter, making sure everything is OK, then clear the code. All is well until the next oil change.
I changed the oil last week, and a day or so later, the code popped up. Did my regular check, then cleared it. But this time it came back. Cleared it, and it's back again. So now I'm worried something is actually wrong.
Any thoughts?
2015 JKU 80,000 miles.

black pearl

Hooked
P06DE - The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) senses the oil pressure is above a calibrated minimum threshold with the Oil Pump Solenoid commanded off for 250.0 seconds

possibly oil pressure sensor.
Are you running a heavier oil?

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I always had my dealer change the oil and the last two times they can no longer get conventional oil it is a synthetic blend and ever since they converted over to synthetic blend I get that code if I stay in a throttle at high RPMs

trailraider

they can no longer get conventional oil it is a synthetic blend and ever since they converted over to synthetic blend I get that code if I stay in a throttle at high RPMs
its been a syn blend since Shell became the supplier. Only the Imperial was conventional. But I would suspect the majority have switched to full synthetic about 2 years ago.

Edit , sorry I should have stated that not all dealers are on the bulk oil program , so who knows what they have for oil. but any that are will be the shell oil, in Canada at least. but I suspect the same south o the border.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Bumping this thread up. Been having this code. Replaced the oil filter housing cause that was leaking and the oil pressure sensor to no avail. $1500 later at the dealership a new oil pump was installed and seemingly no more engine light. We’ll see if it last but pretty sure this P06DE is for oil pump from everything I read.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Bumping this thread up. Been having this code. Replaced the oil filter housing cause that was leaking and the oil pressure sensor to no avail. $1500 later at the dealership a new oil pump was installed and seemingly no more engine light. We’ll see if it last but pretty sure this P06DE is for oil pump from everything I read.
$1500 for an oil pump?! Ouch. Is it not accessible to so it yourself?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
$1500 for an oil pump?! Ouch. Is it not accessible to so it yourself?
You have to remove the upper and lower oil pan. Basically the bottom of the motor. Pain in the ass doing it on the ground. Was like $350 in parts (dealer price) the rest was labor.

Still have a small oil leak as well that they told me was coming from the oil pan. Guess that wasn’t true. Not the first time I’ve spent a ton of money with that dealer and not had the issue fixed.

Top Bottom