Clutch Fried

JKU-Tom

I hope this isn't going to happen every two years. Clutch was slipping whenever I gave it gas at low rpm's. I hadn't wheeled with a manual before and know I could have been better but 37500 miles is way to soon. Dang.

If you're new to wheeling with a manual, it's easy to burn through a clutch but, once you get the hang of it, you should see a lot more life out of it. Me, I was able to get 100,000 miles out of my original clutch and it still worked well before I pulled it for a motor swap.

Thanks. I know I used to use the clutch as speed control until I figured out 4 lo and my brakes. 100,000 would be much more palatable.

Had my clutch replaced. Found out the rear main seal was leaking into the clutch which caused its early demise. Couldn't wait 3 wks for dealer so had someone else fix it. Now trying to get it covered under warranty.

Last edited:
If you're new to wheeling with a manual, it's easy to burn through a clutch but, once you get the hang of it, you should see a lot more life out of it. Me, I was able to get 100,000 miles out of my original clutch and it still worked well before I pulled it for a motor swap.

100000 out of stock clutch :eek::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mine died at 55.000. :doh:

100000 out of stock clutch :eek::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mine died at 55.000. :doh:

Yeah, 100,000 miles and I'm sure I could have gotten more out of it. However, I did have to have the throwout bearing replaced once and I did go through 3 slaves.

Top Bottom