CB Radios - Which one do you run and where do you mount it?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I’m actually looking at running the uniden CMX760. It’s very similar to the cobra 75. That way I can mount it hidden and just have the mic out. For GMRS and hamm I was thinking about the front seats.

I have a similar setup. My Uniden CMX760 is mounted under the driver seat. I routed the mic up into the dash and I have an aux speaker just above the driver seat. I use a Firestik antenna. This set up works really well for me. The most important factor seemed to be correctly tuning your antenna as well as ensuring the antenna mount is properly grounded

Sgt_USMC

An swr meter to tune the antenna and a very good ground are essential with CBs. I’m guessing the same is true for the ground on GMRS/HAMM, but I don’t know about tuning the antenna for them. I haven’t run either of those before, just a CB years ago in my truck.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I need a mic clip. Radio is mounted in the space under the steering column behind the panel (controls are in the mic), so something that mounts to the instrument panel area would probably work best. Any suggestions? What do you guys use?

Thanks

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I run Eddies Cb bar in my JKU with a full size Cobra 29. Been using it about 3 years I guess. Solid setup. I have a midland Gmrs I going to mount on the bar sooner or later. 2D094171-77F1-48F8-9754-6B6119DD0C24.jpeg 2D094171-77F1-48F8-9754-6B6119DD0C24.jpeg 5E7C82D7-35A4-4E2E-BDCA-D2D2AA750ABB.jpeg

Top Bottom