California Wheelin' Adventure Build

So I took the new setup out today! For those of you that don't know, I installed the 2" old man emu light duty springs with new rancho shocks. Couldn't wait to take it wheelin. Went to Azusa Canyon OHV park and had some fun. I can't stop smiling about the ride I got from this setup. Way better than my previous combo of 19/60 springs, puck spacer lift and stock shocks. I felt like I was off-roading on marshmallows. I retained a nice ride height with this new combo. I took a few pics!

IMG_1477893362.019062.jpg
IMG_1477893410.701146.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

So I took the new setup out today! For those of you that don't know, I installed the 2" old man emu light duty springs with new rancho shocks. Couldn't wait to take it wheelin. Went to Azusa Canyon OHV park and had some fun. I can't stop smiling about the ride I got from this setup. Way better than my previous combo of 19/60 springs, puck spacer lift and stock shocks. I felt like I was off-roading on marshmallows. I retained a nice ride height with this new combo. I took a few pics!

View attachment 229017
View attachment 229018

Looks good! Looks like a muddy good time!!

Here's a little video a friend made of our last minute wheelin' trip to Azusa. It's just a fun video, no crazy wheelin', but we sure had a blast. Good fun place

There's supposed to be music to the video, let me know if it doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/foSKVRKw6vI

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Thinking about selling my Hardtop and buying the Trektop. Thoughts?

Do it. My hardtop just collects dust in my garage and I keep the Trektop on all the time now. I spent the extra coin for the twill since I wanted to run it all the time. It's worth it IMO, especially if you're giving up your hardtop completely.

Do it. My hardtop just collects dust in my garage and I keep the Trektop on all the time now. I spent the extra coin for the twill since I wanted to run it all the time. It's worth it IMO, especially if you're giving up your hardtop completely.

How's the noise inside on the highway with the trektop? I love the look of it, and the weight savings would be pretty cool too [emoji16]

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
How's the noise inside on the highway with the trektop? I love the look of it, and the weight savings would be pretty cool too [emoji16]

Minimally higher. Not really noticeable once you've had a week to get used to it. Bestop makes a great product and the tension bars that run under the top do a great job at getting rid of any flutter. I've never had a leak issue either.

The only complaint is that with the NX style top, if you want to reach anything in the back, you almost have to unzip the rear window. Of course, you know this going into it but coming from the flip up glass of the hardtop, it's an adjustment.

Top Bottom