Buying KMC Wheels on Amazon?

Spazbyt

Hooked
So the Price of a KMC Grenade Crawl Satin Black 17x9 5x5-38mm seems to be set at $566 no matter where I find them. Amazon has free shipping and it also doesn't seem to be charging me tax which would save me $119. Also, I get 5% ($140ish) back on an amazon card if I use my amazon credit card. Am I crazy or is that an ok deal? I called my local Discount Tire and talked to two different people and in short, they can't find them in their system or can't order bead locks at all. My guess is they don't get a lot of demand for beadlocks in Missouri.

I think Amazon doesn't show you the tax until you put in your payment information when you are placing an order. The free shipping is nice, but no way it's tax free haha.

I'd have no problem ordering them (ordered many things from Amazon) and especially if I got $140 back 🤷‍♂️

JimLee

Hooked
I don't know man, if you click "visit the KMC store" (assuming we are looking at the same Amazon posting) it takes you to a store of cheap chinese electrical junk, whereas there is a real store named "KMC wheels" on Amazon. I may be paranoid, but it sounds like a legit deal otherwise.

Last edited:

JimLee

Hooked
If you use Capital One, their app is showing me 15% back and free shipping to buy those wheels at 4wheelparts.com, I kinda hate 4wheelparts.com though.
Screenshot 2022-09-21 154541.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
When I buy from Amazon I try to verify the vendor. If I can't get a "warm & fuzzy" feeling I walk away.

There's enough stories of cheap knock offs and boxes of bricks floating around to make one nervous.

JimLee

Hooked
When I buy from Amazon I try to verify the vendor. If I can't get a "warm & fuzzy" feeling I walk away.

There's enough stories of cheap knock offs and boxes of bricks floating around to make one nervous.
Yea, I haven't seen any news on KMC, but a few years ago they busted a huge counterfeiting ring in the Philippines. They had wharehouses full of fake Fuel wheels that were beind sold on Amazon, ebay, some 4 wheel sites. That made me a little more cautious about buying wheels.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I think Amazon doesn't show you the tax until you put in your payment information when you are placing an order. The free shipping is nice, but no way it's tax free haha.
Dang it! Good point. I didn't think about it adding the tax after the payment method.

I don't know man, if you click "visit the KMC store" (assuming we are looking at the same Amazon posting) it takes you to a store of cheap chinese electrical junk, whereas there is a real store named "KMC wheels" on Amazon. I may be paranoid, but it sounds like a legit deal otherwise.
I saw that too. Seems legit to me. Obviously its a offroad wheel and cellphone chargeing cord store.

If you use Capital One, their app is showing me 15% back and free shipping to buy those wheels at 4wheelparts.com, I kinda hate 4wheelparts.com though.
View attachment 379813
I have never used 4wheelparts befor but that's not a bad deal.

kevman65

Hooked
I have never used 4wheelparts befor but that's not a bad deal.
With 4WP, it's better to order IN store. If you order online then only their Customer Service can give you any info.
In store, they can plug order number in and tell you where the order is in the system.

Be warned, 4WP does NOT stock wheels unless it is one of their brands. Everything else is shipped from manufacturer to a main 4WP warehouse and then on to store. Can take FOREVER.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I talked to one vendor a couple days ago. He said rim prices are jumping. One brand of beadlocks went from about $500 to $800 overnight.

I talked to one vendor a couple days ago. He said rim prices are jumping. One brand of beadlocks went from about $500 to $800 overnight.
I can assure you everything and anything has been going up constantly. Keeping up with price changes is dam near a full time job and don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Top Bottom