Bumper Recommendations

Milleniaxx

Looking for steel bumpers for my 2022 Rubicon JL. What is your favorite? Which have the most durable finish and fit factory led fogs and look good??

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thank you, how does the finish hold up on your bumper?
My opinion, they all fade & chip a little… A good powder coat like on EVO or LOD will hold up better.. but they will age especially if you play in the dirt.. I’d say get a well built bumper you like in black… and be willing to touch up with a Flat Black rattle can…and then keep hitting it with wax or whatever you use on your Jeep.

LOD or EVO are great bumpers.

Upvote 0
This^^^

I run EVO on the JK and it's so easy to touch it up with a black can to match the powder coat to keep it looking new. I like the stubby look but for a factory look the Mopar Rubicon steel bumper in the stubby configuration is awesome as well.

Upvote 0

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thank you, how does the finish hold up on your bumper?
It has held up well for 6 years, the only thing is it started to rust in just a few spots since it hasn’t been garage kept in Montana for 4 years (as would any steel bumper). The only spots that it is rusting are rock hits. I plan to have it re powder coated since it is now garage kept once again.

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
I've got a LOD rear and we really like it, has held up good in the brutal desert for 3.5 years now. I dont know if I'd do it if I had the sensors, people seem to have problems with a bunch of aftermarket bumpers if they have the sensors. I have the Eddie special on the front, a warn winch plate and winch, i really like it but the blowing dirt out here has sandblasted my frame up front, if I put a front bumper it will be LOD or EVO.

Upvote 0

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I really like the LOD and EVO stuff. Not only are their products well-made, but there's great people within the companies running the show.

I've had my rear LOD bumper for 10 years on my JK. I had the tire carrier option on it when I ran 37's, but have since shopped it off and gone to the EVO carrier now that Ive got a 42 back there. It's nice having products that can adapt with your needs.

Upvote 0

Milleniaxx

I really like the LOD and EVO stuff. Not only are their products well-made, but there's great people within the companies running the show.

I've had my rear LOD bumper for 10 years on my JK. I had the tire carrier option on it when I ran 37's, but have since shopped it off and gone to the EVO carrier now that Ive got a 42 back there. It's nice having products that can adapt with your needs.
Thanks Tony

Upvote 0

waynem

Another vote for LOD .. I have them front "shorty" and rear Destoryer on my JT. The rear has the extra frame tie ins and the side "bed sliders". The rear has taken a lot of abuse coming off rocks and has held up very well.

Upvote 0
Bumpers are supposed to bump. Which one is best at bumping? Who really cares what a bumper looks like?

For example, what if you bump an Elk? Is it really all that important what it looks like?

P.S. I have the Mopar steel bumper on my jeep. It looks good but I do wonder about what would happen to the plastic inserts if I do go bump?

Upvote 0

PoorDad

I had an LOD mid on my JK. I was the third owner, and it was a prototype model. It had a few little spots that were rusted, but that was because it had been used hard! It held up well enough for me to consider LOD again. For my JL, I am looking at the LOD Signature stubby, and the front bumper from Shrockworks.

Upvote 0

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Have lod, mopar, evo, and recently rustys
All have held up.
Evo and lod heaviest
No integrated fog lights on evo(if thats important for you)
I put Rusty’s on the rear of my JL. Picked it because it was robust where it needed to be but not as heavy as the the others.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom