Build of my JKU

MericaMade

Rears finally done. Have to make some misalignment spacers.

I am digging the blue and grey colors between Kings, UD, and synergy.

Dropping of driveshafts tomorrow so hopefully I get the front end tied over the next couple of day.

Also its sitting really high with only 1 inch of preload.

Almost forgot I got lucky and got my hands on one of the Mopar big breaking kids on Amazon will be here Thursday.

Shit maybe it wont be rolling this weekend lol. 20210329_180358.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MericaMade

Looks good man... How many times during this build did you wish there was a 2 post lift in your garage?
Every time I got up off the ground to go grab the wrench I needed only to set the bolt on the table and realize it just as soon as I laid on the ground again. It's a vicious circle God's got a sick sense of humor.

Ddays

Hooked
looks great! Be sure to check the clearance on your rear TB mount and your CO res. Even with tweaking the mount mine still hits.

MericaMade

looks great! Be sure to check the clearance on your rear TB mount and your CO res. Even with tweaking the mount mine still hits.
Thanks. It clears but I think will contact if flexed out. Just going to zip the resi mount to the sway bar or something so it can't rotate forward leaving about a inch.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks. It clears but I think will contact if flexed out. Just going to zip the resi mount to the sway bar or something so it can't rotate forward leaving about a inch.

That’s what we ended up having to do after we learned the hard way that it didn’t clear all the way after the TB bar was modified.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bmkrinne

Nice progress! I also like the color contrasts!

A 45 deg Swagelok fitting would gain clearance on the ram hose connections. Maybe a slightly taller bump puck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bhaner

Everything looks correct. You may just need to run the bumps down about and inch.

Everything looks tight in there with that steering and track bar setup.

MericaMade

Nice progress! I also like the color contrasts!

A 45 deg Swagelok fitting would gain clearance on the ram hose connections. Maybe a slightly taller bump puck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Everything looks correct. You may just need to run the bumps down about and inch.

Everything looks tight in there with that steering and track bar setup.

Ok cool. I will drop the bumps when I get home from work and go from there. I hate to lessen the up travel but It could also benefit me with the 40s and rubbing as well.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ok cool. I will drop the bumps when I get home from work and go from there. I hate to lessen the up travel but It could also benefit me with the 40s and rubbing as well.

Yeah, all the finely tuned adjustments go out the window once the 40s are on and you flex it in real world conditions. I have to go back and adjust about everything to clear and maximize travel with out rubbing too much

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

KevinG

Caught the Bug

I put king bumps in last week so I could fine tune the uptravel. I had set them without the tires on but had to go drop the bumps down quite a bit when fully stuffed and turned with the tires on. I imagine once you get that fine tuned your ram will probably clear.

Yeah, all the finely tuned adjustments go out the window once the 40s are on and you flex it in real world conditions. I have to go back and adjust about everything to clear and maximize travel with out rubbing too much

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Not to hijack his thread, how much of your Nemesis flares did you have to cut out?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Not to hijack his thread, how much of your Nemesis flares did you have to cut out?

Nothing, but I had to drop my bumps to keep them out of them. They got into fronts pretty good a rausch and scared the tire a bit

IMG_5045.jpg

The rears clear just fine

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom