Bluetooth handsfree unconnect question

Badbear0416

hey all first ty for such a great site I like all the info and great people helping out.
Second a great girl I know steered me here and ty Denise.
we bought brand new from dealer. Dealer said it had hands free as it was only ready. So when we picked up jeep they were installing hfm module etc to charge us another $500 afterwards. I told them to pound salt as it was told we already had it. So they didn't finish job obviously and they left the hfm in dash as it was stuck in real good lol.
I have a 2014 4dr Sahara unlimited anvil and we use it on those summer days with the kids. Very low kms at 35000. Thing is it has the rbh radio the hfm module behind hvac controls yet no wiring to or from hfm to radio and no microphone. So I assume I need a wire harness jumper and factory mic as well as I'm sure pay the dealership to flash jeep to let it know its there. I see the kits online but again I don't need the hfm module. I also see a harness at Crutchfield like $40 and I think a mic goes for around same anywhere. Anyone have luck with that Crutchfield harness ? Or do any of you jeep enthusiasts know how I can get the harness and mic only and possibly flash jeep myself? Yes I'm in Canada so if can be shipped usps or such would be great. I really appreciate any info help on this matter so we have actual Bluetooth hands free for safety reasons of course. I'd prefer aftermarket radio etc but too damn expensive in Canada. I usually go to car tunes in Michigan but again with exchange rate high and unfortunately Michigan getting hit hard with covid im not heading over anytime soon. Be safe stay well friends.

While I'm still searching for the unconnect wire harness and mic I'm hoping it will also have the wiring for a backup camera and an installation dongle or cd to program jeep myself. Might as well do both at same time since I have everything except harness, mic and program cd or dongle

One more thing when I removed cluster on left side there is a 8 prong wire tapped up...what is that for ? I thought possible on harness for mic but can't be as I don't see where the other end is lol. Again ty all

Last edited:
Top Bottom