BIG Snow for Texas

JK&Beyond

Well, here in Amarillo, Texas we had a massive snowstorm. Which means my entire city turned into a Jeep playground. Schools, workplaces and grocery stores were closed. Time to put it in 4H and winch out some foreign cars.
Here's a pic of my YJ after i shoveled the snow off the hood twice. 18-19" of powdery fun.

Winter doesn't stand a chance.

Attachments

• 100_1553.jpg
    100_1553.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 149

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How cool is that (no pun intended) ;)

Thanks for posting that up - it's practically summer here in socal

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I'm over here on the East side of TX about 8hrs from ya and we are having heavy winds and much colder weather tonight. I figure we are still too far south to get snow but starting to feel the effects of the front moving in.

JK&Beyond

Plenty of ill prepared people. And one red JKU stuck like chuck. I had to make him get out and let me take the wheel. 5 minutes and he was homeward bound. I was disappointed to see that jeeper go down like that. (More chev's pulled out than anything, and one was stuck in a parking lot). :cheesy:

Holeshot

Banned
It's just a normal overnight snowfall here in quebec :doh: hopefully for you, it will melt much faster than us lol

JK&Beyond

Trust me here in the TX panhandle it will be 75 degrees tomorrow and sunny enough for a game of football. The weather is ridiculously bi-polar. I notice you have duratracs, that red JKU had 'em too. They did real good in the snow. He wouldn't have got out without them. Stay safe up there.

orngcrushrgrl

Down in San Antone it was pretty windy, but still about 65! All seasons in one Texas day!

I just moved back to El Paso from San Antonio. It was as windy here yesterday as it was there today. A friend of mine lost a bunch of shingles and her fence while she was at work today :-(

Holeshot

Banned
I notice you have duratracs, that red JKU had 'em too. They did real good in the snow. He wouldn't have got out without them. Stay safe up there.

Yeap, that red JK is mine, that's why :bleh: Duratracs are doing surprisingly good in snow and ice.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Nice! Looks like the wet heavy snow though.:grayno:

That's the only kind we get down here in TX.

It makes great snow balls! You can actually make a snowball so big and heavy you can't roll it anymore. We always have a contest to see who can make the biggest snowball when it snows here, which is rare.

I think the largest we have made one is about 4' diameter. That's with two people pushing/rolling it. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's the only kind we get down here in TX.

It makes great snow balls! You can actually make a snowball so big and heavy you can't roll it anymore. We always have a contest to see who can make the biggest snowball when it snows here, which is rare.

I think the largest we have made one is about 4' diameter. That's with two people pushing/rolling it. :crazyeyes:

I like the fluffy snow. Thats mostly what we had in NY and it is way easier to take care of. lol

Top Bottom