BIG Names that Won't be at SEMA 2022...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In spite of having a HUGE footprint at SEMA and for as long as Cindy and I have been covering the show, there are 3 really BIG names that will not be present at the 2022 show. And, those names are GM, Ford and Honda. Not gonna lie, this news is stunning and I can't even imagine what the show will be like without them. Instead of the big blue wall and massive presence outside in Silver Lot that Ford had, there will now be Toyota and eBay Motors. And, where GM once dominated Central Hall, will now be Dodge. It is my understanding that VW will be coming back to the show as well and after a long hiatus.

Not 100% sure what's going on but I do think that 2020 and the virus shutdowns played a big roll in this. As some of you may recall, SEMA was forced to go "virtual" and now, that's exactly what companies like Ford are planning to do this year. Do online reveals. And, I get it but... I have to say it really sucks.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
That’s kinda crazy, maybe why Bronco did make the award list?? Lol. I’m sure they’ve paid a wild amount for all that space in the past.

Brute

Hooked
I remember this happening in my industry…big players decided it wasn’t economically worth it to go to the show, instead focused on bringing their dealer base to them…

Sylvester

I remember this happening in my industry…big players decided it wasn’t economically worth it to go to the show, instead focused on bringing their dealer base to them…
Plus, They have Auto shows around the country - I think it is a Budget Thing. I bet SEMA was a 100,000 for a couple of those guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s kinda crazy, maybe why Bronco did make the award list?? Lol. I’m sure they’ve paid a wild amount for all that space in the past.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that had something to do with it. :ROFLMAO:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Plus, They have Auto shows around the country - I think it is a Budget Thing. I bet SEMA was a 100,000 for a couple of those guys
Trust me, for the kind of real estate they had, it would have been MUCH higher than that.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh, off road specific, I think it's worth noting that Transamerica (4 Wheel Parts/Poison Spyder/Rubicon Express/Smittybilt/ProComp) will not be at the show. As some of you may know, they are, for the most part, no longer in business.
Really? When did that happen? China cut them off?

Dale72

Hooked
Oh, off road specific, I think it's worth noting that Transamerica (4 Wheel Parts/Poison Spyder/Rubicon Express/Smittybilt/ProComp) will not be at the show. As some of you may know, they are, for the most part, no longer in business.
A lot of people are going to be mad because they can't get their cheap ass shitybilt stuff anymore

GP NOIR

Hooked
How does this affect 4 Wheel Parts/Poison Spyder/Rubicon Express/Smittybilt/ProComp? Is TransAmerica their umbrella company?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Yes. It is my understanding that existing inventory will be sold but that nothing new will be made.
I assume that means these companies will eventually close their doors.

Is there a chance someone will be picking them up, whole or in piecemeal?

Dale72

Hooked

I just looked on Quadratec and Smittybilt is not even listed as one of their brands anymore

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It is my understanding that Wheel Pros owns the debt and will be selling off assets. Of course, I’m not them so I can only speculate what that will ultimately mean.

kevman65

Hooked
It is my understanding that Wheel Pros owns the debt and will be selling off assets. Of course, I’m not them so I can only speculate what that will ultimately mean.
There are supposedly a few of the "names" that are being offered individually to a very small list of investors. The interest in the purchase(s) is very limited because of the price and the liability that comes with the "names".

Some of the "names" have been in the red so long, that they are probably done.

This comes from a low level regional type manager and he admits he may not have all of his info straight.

Top Bottom