Big Bear Area March 12 and 13

Just saw this meet up now!
Unfortunately, I can't make it.
But it sounds awesome, especially with the fresh fallen snow!

Thanks , I found 2 $12 120 miles away or $30 2 miles away. Guess that's s no brainer...

If I was going up, I'd be camping too. Here are a few options for anyone interested:

I'd check Yellow Post 31 first. It's just off Polique Canyon Rd. (2N09), on the north side of the lake.
It's a single, isolated campsite with campfire ring and picnic table but no other amenities.
First-come-first-served and free.

There is also Holcomb Valley Campground (19 sites), also off Polique Canyon Rd. (2N09) but a little further back.
It's also first-come-first-served but you won't have to worry about not getting a site at this time of year.
It's $21 per night. Honor system so you need exact change and a pencil.
Picnic table, fire ring and vault toilets.

Or Holcomb Climber's Camp just a short drive further than Holcomb Valley Campground.
Just find a place to pitch your tent and camp. It's free but there are no amenities and no campfires allowed.

Have fun!

Snowing up here now. Weather should be great this weekend. Gold mountain Sat is still good. We are trying to run Holcomb Creek Sunday morning depending on weather. The Sunday run will be the same meet up place at the same time. If anything does happen to change I'll be sure to post it in this thread.

Couldn't sleep! Too excited !!
Leaving now. See you guys soon.
I hope we can do more than Gold Mountain today.

I just left from Apple Valley going up the back side through lucurne...... Anyone going that way? I don't have chains.

So is this still on? I never had a problem with no chains, they always wave me through? I am coming up the back way so I can meet at the trail head and that way I never even make it into the city?

Just talked to one of the chain gang. Should be lifting the requirement anytime. Also if CHP asks if you have chains say Yes..... 4w drive w/snow tires ok. Carry chains

Top Bottom