Better bikini top

CalSgt

Hooked
Help me out here, what some more options for a water resistant shade top?

I've had the Spiderweb shade - Love it, fits great, lightweight, does a great job keeping the seats and my head shaded from the hot sun but sucks when theres even a light rain drizzle. Everything gets wet.

I tried a Smitybilt top - Its okay, doesn't fit as good as the Spiderweb top, bulkier than the spiderweb and it will protect from a light drizzle. Cons: it sags and rubs my head unless doing 50+ MPH, that gets old when wheeling all damn day. If theres any significant rain it pools up in the sagged spots until I hit a bump or tap the breaks then it spills over between the front tube of the roll bar and edge of the shade, must have been a gallon of water each time. The water hit the top of the sun visors and splashed right in my lap and down the dashboard. Even if I tried to avoid the pools from splashing over the zippers leaked like a sieve. I ended up using my rain cover to reduce that but it still sucked.

Bestop has soooo many options and I have no experience with any of them, not even sure if its decent stuff.

This one seems like it would have solved most of my problems, cost about $830 for the top, the required door surrounds and tax.

Theres another one that looks similar for less money and doesn't need door surrounds, then you jump into the Trektop stuff and theres even more different options and huge price increase.

BDKW_5260835-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__93145.jpg

I have the rugged ridge savannah black diamond top. Supposed to be water proof but I’ve not tested it. It’s a super tight fit and makes very little noise at highway speeds. Pretty easy to install too.

CalSgt

Hooked
I have the rugged ridge savannah black diamond top. Supposed to be water proof but I’ve not tested it. It’s a super tight fit and makes very little noise at highway speeds. Pretty easy to install too.
I just looked that one up, it looks very close to the bestop one that doesn't use door surrounds, similar price range too. How long have you had it?

Top Bottom