Best Driveshaft

sastocky

Looking for recommendations and experiences on best driveshaft replacements for 2014 JKUR with 3.5” AEV lift. Currently running stock. This is one of the next items on my list.

If you are wanting to buy something ready to go then JE Reel is a great choice. That being said, I am a big believer in having them made from a local drive line shop. Usually faster, Usually les expensive and if you ever need them serviced or repaired then you would have already formed a relationship with them and your experience will be a lot better. If thats not an option, then JE Reel is a solid go to. Adams has been very hit and miss over the last few years and they tend to be more expensive than they should be for what you would get. Also, I highly recommend non greaseable drive shafts. The center joint tends to be weaker and more prone to failure as do the U-joints and really, if you spend any time off-road then you should be having them serviced and/or inspected once a year anyway.

sastocky

I am in a rural area and do not know of a drive line shop near me. JE Reel reccomends 1350s for 35” and larger tires. Where does everyone stand on the 1310 vs 1350 these days? I have 37” with the 3.6L and stock Rubicon Dana 44 Prorock.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am in a rural area and do not know of a drive line shop near me. JE Reel reccomends 1350s for 35” and larger tires. Where does everyone stand on the 1310 vs 1350 these days? I have 37” with the 3.6L and stock Rubicon Dana 44 Prorock.
Factory shaft is 1330. Why go backwards to 1310?

Top Bottom