Beadlock Wheel choices for JK UD60's?

desertrunner

lots to consider on the trailers and width is one of them. I did a ton of research before having Kaufman build mine. They were able to
build it with 87" between the wheel wells which I can just squeeze thru. Jeff, Weebz, has to drive over one side to fit on. The reason I when with the drive between fenders verses a flat top deck over is it keeps the COG lower on the trailer, about 18-20" lower when I compare it to the other guys deck over trailers which makes a big difference the way it tows.
My old PJ was 83" between the fenders and my 2dr on stock axles net 3" backspace and 1350 coopers just barely snuck through. And to get the tongue weight right I had to leave the rear tires between the fenders. I absolutely don't want a full deckover. Was looking at the PJ 6 channel super wide at 102" which would accommodate going up to 1 tons easily but I didn't have a reference for full width axles and 40x1350 tires on worst case 3.5" backspace. I guessed 86" total width which is a weird width for trailer shopping.
EDIT: the super wide is only 81 between the fenders just with drive over fenders

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
My old PJ was 83" between the fenders and my 2dr on stock axles net 3" backspace and 1350 coopers just barely snuck through. And to get the tongue weight right I had to leave the rear tires between the fenders. I absolutely don't want a full deckover. Was looking at the PJ 6 channel super wide at 102" which would accommodate going up to 1 tons easily but I didn't have a reference for full width axles and 40x1350 tires on worst case 3.5" backspace. I guessed 86" total width which is a weird width for trailer shopping.
EDIT: the super wide is only 81 between the fenders just with drive over fenders
That’s why I had mine custom built. The problem for me with the drive over fenders was positioning the Jeeps and having to have one ride on top

5D0310ED-57BA-4343-84BB-D259BF3B4A03.jpeg

I needed the ability to drive thru them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom